SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. CC Tigers - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, dden3 said:

Absent 5 or 6 surefire NHLers that Berry inherited from Hak, the team has been able to accomplish very little and have looked apathetic and untalented in doing so.  The sooner Berry and his crew is fired the better. They haven’t recruited well and their coaching ability is nil.  The new AD could do worse than to make a run at the CC coach.  

UND should not and will not be making a run at Haviland. I'd think the first call would be to Hak.

• Upvote 1

Long time follower of UND, but it's apparent this is a team which has a roster with .500 talent.

Too many third line players on this team.  Hard workers, but not difference makers.

The difference makers (Boeser, Jost, Poolman) left last season and when the so-called young guns coming in underachieve  then you're going to be a 5-7th place team in this league.

And then you add the injuries and sub-par goaltending and you're due for an off year.

It's probably amazing we are 12-9-8 right now.

There is the potential for a lot of returning players, but right now I think we could do without six or seven of them. They just aren't adding value other than 3rd line depth.

And it's becoming apparent the coaches over-estimated the skill of the incoming players  (sans Nick Jones).

Sleepless night ahead of the team, coaches

There is no reason to think Berry and crew can handle this team. If the new AD lets this thing slip totally into the abyss with Berry, it will take years to recover. The time to act is at the end of this season and bring in a new staff. 

2 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Another game blown because Berry was slow to make the badly needed goalie move.  Offensively challenged team once again played good enough to win but goaltending let them down.  Cam 1-3-3 in last 7 games.  Gotta go Thome here on out.

Yanking a goalie after two goals is quick...and one wasn’t even close to his fault. That IS a short leash.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, willythekid said:

I love how Gersich skates (when he wants to) but did anyone else expect much more from him by now in his UND career?  C'mon Shane!

Honesty you don’t really even notice him on the ice. He was far better his past two years, granted he had a good surrounding cast, but I was hoping he would be a guy that could take over, waiting to see it.

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Yanking a goalie after two goals is quick...and one wasn’t even close to his fault. That IS a short leash.

In a vacuum only looking at one game?  You are correct.  Taking into account his play since Xmas?  No.....it was actually a slow hook.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, franchise said:

#HireHak

I dont think Berry is the problem, just think he is struggling to transition from the players friend assistant coachbto the harder head coach.  I'd question what Shaw is contributing right now. 

Cant we hire Hak to recruit all summer?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Honesty you don’t really even notice him on the ice. He was far better his past two years, granted he had a good surrounding cast, but I was hoping he would be a guy that could take over, waiting to see it.

Sadly for me, I saw it coming. He plays like a gopher.

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I dont think Berry is the problem, just think he is struggling to transition from the players friend assistant coachbto the harder head coach.  I'd question what Shaw is contributing right now. 

Cant we hire Hak to recruit all summer?

Shaw is probably a solid parent to one guy on the team. That’s about the extent of the contribution right now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

I also thought it was a quick pull. I thought it was the right move at the time for momentum purposes, but it didn’t really change how the game was going in the end. 

Defense was porous on those goals. 

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

He is on a short leash not from just tonight's performance of course.  Even when Cam has a great game he almost lets in a softy that just baffles the mind...  it's like he is day-dreaming out there sometimes.  And the first thing he should do if he wants to still be the starter is throw his catching glove in the dumpster.  Teams target Cam's glove side for a very good reason.