SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 schedule /team

Longtime fan

37 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I like his attitude.  I hope guys are seeing articles like this and get kind of pissed off.  Most teams and fan bases have lost respect for us, or never had it in the first place.  Hope it motivates these guys to work their asses off in the off season and play with a chip on their shoulder the entire year next year.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I like his attitude.  I hope guys are seeing articles like this and get kind of pissed off.  Most teams and fan bases have lost respect for us, or never had it in the first place.  Hope it motivates these guys to work their asses off in the off season and play with a chip on their shoulder the entire year next year.  

Ha I didn't read ahead before I quoted Geaux!

I am kind of curious if our new AD will try to bring in new combos for our uni’s.  EWU always seemed to change things up with their uni’s.  I would guess he would defer to the coaches though.  And our coaches come across as fairly conservative when it comes to uni’s...

These things require money, which the UND football program currently does not have. Have to reappropriate within the department, patiently wait for some mystery endowment, or continue to have UND football scrape by with the bare minimum. 

Adidas apparel contract does allow UND a few options, although not to the level of top tier FCS programs. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

These things require money, which the UND football program currently does not have. Have to reappropriate within the department, patiently wait for some mystery endowment, or continue to have UND football scrape by with the bare minimum. 

Adidas apparel contract does allow UND a few options, although not to the level of top tier FCS programs. 

Since you mention top tier FCS programs........NDSU has what.....2 different helmets, and 3 different jerseys?  I'm not sure if that is correct or not, but either way they don't have anything fancy with 10 different uniforms or super flashy uniforms.  All of this focus on uniforms is a bit ridiculous at times in my opinion.  Flashy uniforms are not needed to win a national championship.  Sure having cool uniforms is fun, but not needed.  I think if we got a white helmet that would give us some cool options.  At least one flashy uniform would be nice since all of ours are pretty conservative, but I'm not holding my breathe nor do I think it is a requirement.  The Gophers just got new uniforms......and I'm guessing they will still suck the next 5 years.  ASU has gotten all kinds of uniform combinations the past few years, well yeah they just fired their head coach at the end of the season. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Since you mention top tier FCS programs........NDSU has what.....2 different helmets, and 3 different jerseys?  I'm not sure if that is correct or not, but either way they don't have anything fancy with 10 different uniforms or super flashy uniforms.  All of this focus on uniforms is a bit ridiculous at times in my opinion.  Flashy uniforms are not needed to win a national championship.  Sure having cool uniforms is fun, but not needed.  I think if we got a white helmet that would give us some cool options.  At least one flashy uniform would be nice since all of ours are pretty conservative, but I'm not holding my breathe nor do I think it is a requirement.  The Gophers just got new uniforms......and I'm guessing they will still suck the next 5 years.  ASU has gotten all kinds of uniform combinations the past few years, well yeah they just fired their head coach at the end of the season. 

NDSU doesn’t even have a department wide apparel deal.