SiouxSports.com Forum

Alerus Center Events

Cratter

If you weren’t at the NDMOA for the concert tonight, you should’ve been.  The Brevet put on a great show.  The concert in the garden series is a lot of fun and not many people seem to know about it.  If you live in GF, check it out some time...

2 hours ago, dmksioux said:

If you weren’t at the NDMOA for the concert tonight, you should’ve been.  The Brevet put on a great show.  The concert in the garden series is a lot of fun and not many people seem to know about it.  If you live in GF, check it out some time...

All of the concerts at the NDMOA are enjoyable.  Brevet was amazing. Wow.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2018 at 11:20 AM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I don't know. This is Grand Forks, and $132 for the lion's share of the arena -- with only six rows at the top of $62 -- may be a little optimistic. Especially with shows in MPLS, SF, and WPG.

Hope I'm wrong, but time will tell. I will not be surprised if there are sales promotions or gimmicks (or giveaways) come summertime. 

Not a sell out, at least not yet, but I think ticket sales must be doing pretty well.  Lots of promos talking about setting an All Time attendance record for the show.  Not sure what the number of tickets sold to George Strait was, but I'd have to guess that show currently holds the #1 spot, followed by Cher.  Should be a fun Saturday night...pregame for the show by watching the UND-UW game followed by rocking out to Metallica..and hopefully celebrating a football win.  Regardless of the outcome of the game, Saturday is going to be fun! :D

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Not a sell out, at least not yet, but I think ticket sales must be doing pretty well.  Lots of promos talking about setting an All Time attendance record for the show.  Not sure what the number of tickets sold to George Strait was, but I'd have to guess that show currently holds the #1 spot, followed by Cher.  Should be a fun Saturday night...pregame for the show by watching the UND-UW game followed by rocking out to Metallica..and hopefully celebrating a football win.  Regardless of the outcome of the game, Saturday is going to be fun! :D

Most of the prime seating locations are sold. There are still tickets on the ends that are cheaper; I imagine some people will walk up on Saturday and snatch them up.

9 hours ago, dmksioux said:

George Straight was 20,000.

Cher was 19,000.

The Metallica concert is already a success for tickets sold and will likely be in the Alerus Centers top 5 largest acts.

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

Perfect time to AirBnB that shed in my backyard...

1. Hang the rakes up on the wall hooks.
2. Hose off the mower and run it into the corner to make space.
3. It's not a "shed", it's a "remotely accessible, exclusive, free-standing man cave with rustic amenities located in a historic portion of Grand Forks County yet just minutes away from prime attractions".

Geez, ... learn how to market, will ya? ;)  

• Upvote 1

I had heard the Metallica concert sold out when they opened US Bank stadium (2016), I was curious what attendance was for that concert.

Looks like they sold out at 50,000 for that show. So 50,000 fans in a 67,000 seat venue (This tour they played at the basketball arena, Target Center).

Alerus had 19,000 in a 13,000 seat venue. 

Metallica will be playing in the 15,000 hockey rink in Saskatoon this coming Saturday, where Garth Brooks holds the attendance record there in 2016 with 15,800 fans.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2018 at 10:55 PM, Cratter said:

Heard Cirque at the Ralph has seemingly been a bust.

Will the Herald be as interested in the attendance like they are for the Alerus events?

Which is too bad, IMO. I went Saturday night and thought the show was fantastic! And others I talked to thought the same. The first half of the show ended with a cool hockey sequence.

Saturday night, the center sections were full, but the sides were sparse. I heard around 1200 seats were available for each show.

Booking comedian Bill Engvall on the same night as a UND hockey home game?  Is this a rookie mistake for the Alerus' new management?  Does the fact that it's an exhibition against Manitoba make this a more sensible decision?

Can events going up against hockey in GFK ever be successful?

Anyone here choosing one over the other?

21 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Booking comedian Bill Engvall on the same night as a UND hockey home game?  Is this a rookie mistake for the Alerus' new management?  Does the fact that it's an exhibition against Manitoba make this a more sensible decision?

Can events going up against hockey in GFK ever be successful?

Anyone here choosing one over the other?

Back in 2003, Aerosmith and KISS performed at the Alerus Center on the same night of Game 2 of the UND-Minnesota hockey series. And both events did well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...