SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. CC

AZSIOUX

5 hours ago, Godsmack said:

While CC’s top line has been on a roll, their goaltending has not. Alex Leclerc has been very average to be kind. Since the turn of the calendar, CC’s scored 24 goals while giving up 26.

So he's essentially guaranteed to stone wall two shutouts this weekend.  Awesome. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, franchise said:

Closing in on a month without a win isn't ideal

I'd be more concerned had we lost all those games, but I definitely don't disagree. Fact is, we control our destiny in the PWR and in conference in regards to getting home ice. Just get wins. I don't care in the least bit how they come. Just win, baby.

28 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Gardner back, but it sounds like Bast and Jones aren't

*sigh*

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=111059

Berry said on Monday on the Midco show that Jones was “progressing nicely” - and I actually thought we were more likely to see him back before Gardner. So perhaps he’s not too far off a return also. 

Bast had a brace thing on his wrist so I’d say he’s the furthest out from making a return but I could be completely wrong too... 

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

An extra week off and sounds like UND will still have to play a D-man at forward. 

Terrific................

I hope it’s Rieger instead of Johnson.  I liked him with Smith and Simonson on the checking line when Olson was out.  

No Ludvig so your centers are.....Rhett, Bowen, Simo....Adams again I’d guess.  They need Jones to get healthy. 

On 2/7/2018 at 7:30 PM, Oxbow6 said:

An extra week off and sounds like UND will still have to play a D-man at forward. 

Terrific................

Keeping the streak alive ... different lineup every game.

Winning this weekend sets up keeping two more important streaks alive - the conference home ice and the NCAA appearances.  Getting home ice certainly makes the road to Sioux Falls easier.  And winning this weekend gives us a boost.

PS Let's show up Friday.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:11 PM, Boogieman said:

Gotta go 6-2 at the least this last four weeks of NCHC play.  Coach Shaw was on the radio with JT this morning.  Sound like Gardner is ready to roll, but we may have lost one, maybe two guys for this weekend due to injuries sustained in practice this week.  Sweep this weekend!  4-3 and 5-2.  Don't care who scores at this point...

Post script:  four hours later - just got and email saying my West Regional tickets are available for pick up.  So c’mon fellas!   This would be a good weekend to get this train rolling. I could use a couple days of day drinking in Sioux Falls!

Is it just me or does it seem like we've had a good share of players hurt in practice this season?   I mean, come on man, it's practice.  It's just practice, you know?  Practice, we're talking practice.....

11 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Since we have only ONE conference sweep I see another split.

This team struggles to play one solid game for 60 straight minutes.....................asking for back to back solid games is a stretch.