SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (8-14, 3-7) vs Griz (17-5, 10-0) 2/3 4 PM

SWSiouxMN

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope Stewart can get going. Best player at NDSU and way too much potential to not score a basket. Is playing too tight...not having fun. Walters needs to come back next year 20 lbs heavier. Third year in program and body same as when he came.

1 hour ago, GOUND said:

Hope Stewart can get going. Best player at NDSU and way too much potential to not score a basket. Is playing too tight...not having fun. Walters needs to come back next year 20 lbs heavier. Third year in program and body same as when he came.

His last 4 games haven't been very good, Billy Brown has scored more points than he has in this last stretch.  If you look at Q and Marlon stats from their sophomore years they are very, very, very similar.  I think what he has over Q at this point of their careers was a better team (That 14-15 team was a disaster).  I think the big thing he needs to work on this offseason is his 3 point shooting, he cannot shoot it at 29%.  That is where is growth is going to be, otherwise he will get the Rondo treatment, they will back off and say "we don't care if you shoot it or not, we do not think of you as a threat on the outside."

To a lesser extent, I would like Seales to take at least 1-2 3's a game.  That would make him even deadlier with his old school mid-range stuff

Walter... perhaps its just me being overly harsh because of the thinness of the forwards, but he needs to figure it out and fast.  He needs to put on some solid muscle this offseason because if you though this year was precarious... wait til next year.  I know Jal is coming in and hopefully Jaqwan can be an impact player (but he is more a 3/4 than 4/5) but after Avants, can you tell me confidently who will play beside him next year and be a solid contributor? Walter will have the most experience out of the bunch outside of Avants.  I don't know if Franken could overtake him in the rotation but it will be something to watch.

4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

His last 4 games haven't been very good, Billy Brown has scored more points than he has in this last stretch.  If you look at Q and Marlon stats from their sophomore years they are very, very, very similar.  I think what he has over Q at this point of their careers was a better team (That 14-15 team was a disaster).  I think the big thing he needs to work on this offseason is his 3 point shooting, he cannot shoot it at 29%.  That is where is growth is going to be, otherwise he will get the Rondo treatment, they will back off and say "we don't care if you shoot it or not, we do not think of you as a threat on the outside."

To a lesser extent, I would like Seales to take at least 1-2 3's a game.  That would make him even deadlier with his old school mid-range stuff

Walter... perhaps its just me being overly harsh because of the thinness of the forwards, but he needs to figure it out and fast.  He needs to put on some solid muscle this offseason because if you though this year was precarious... wait til next year.  I know Jal is coming in and hopefully Jaqwan can be an impact player (but he is more a 3/4 than 4/5) but after Avants, can you tell me confidently who will play beside him next year and be a solid contributor? Walter will have the most experience out of the bunch outside of Avants.  I don't know if Franken could overtake him in the rotation but it will be something to watch.

was/is a good get?  don't know much about him...i see he wears a brace?  if he out for the year?