SiouxSports.com Forum

License Plates and Vehicle Window Stickers

MafiaMan

So I was driving to broomball on I-94 in St Paul a few weeks ago and passed a Ford pick-up with North Dakota license plates that read something to the effect of 4EVRSIOUX.  Although it was rather chilly out, I rolled down my window and gave the driver a thumbs-up.  Not sure if he saw me, but it got me thinking to myself, "I wonder if that guy's on SiouxSports.com?"  I've seen other vehicles around the Twin Cities area - with Minnesota plates, North Dakota plates, or Wisconsin or other state plates - or cars or trucks with big window stickers or UND license plate frames.  Just curious who's out there and how you represent your school and your state when you're on the road...

41 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

So I was driving to broomball on I-94 in St Paul a few weeks ago and passed a Ford pick-up with North Dakota license plates that read something to the effect of 4EVRSIOUX.  Although it was rather chilly out, I rolled down my window and gave the driver a thumbs-up.  Not sure if he saw me, but it got me thinking to myself, "I wonder if that guy's on SiouxSports.com?"  I've seen other vehicles around the Twin Cities area - with Minnesota plates, North Dakota plates, or Wisconsin or other state plates - or cars or trucks with big window stickers or UND license plate frames.  Just curious who's out there and how you represent your school and your state when you're on the road...

You sure spend a lot of time playing broomball. :) 

I have the kind of job that doesn't require me to wear church clothes to work, so I've got a Sioux/North Dakota hoodie or hat on all the time (I do not currently own any Hawks gear).  And if I'm in MSP for a Twins game, Wild game, or concert, I make a point to only pack and wear Sioux/North Dakota gear.  And, I have this hitch receiver cover on my pickup.

Hitch cover.JPG

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Wife got pulled over in Dec for expired tags (since March) on car. GF cop gave her a warning. I called ND DOT and they said you paid for them last time online, so we don't send you a bill in the mail anymore. 

I also forgot for a few months on a couple vehicles after paying online and not getting renewal notices.  Why don't they at least send an email reminder? 

2 hours ago, Boogieman said:

I have the kind of job that doesn't require me to wear church clothes to work, so I've got a Sioux/North Dakota hoodie or hat on all the time (I do not currently own any Hawks gear).  And if I'm in MSP for a Twins game, Wild game, or concert, I make a point to only pack and wear Sioux/North Dakota gear.  And, I have this hitch receiver cover on my pickup.

Hitch cover.JPG

Awesome!  I have seen a WI-plated truck in the Hudson area several times - HUGE Sioux sticker on the back windshield.  My point of this thread was curiosity regarding anyone driving a vehicle who happens to be on the board who was spotted by someone else on the board.  Would be funny if the 4EVRSIOUX driver pipes in here and said, "Hey!  That was ME!"

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I also forgot for a few months on a couple vehicles after paying online and not getting renewal notices.  Why don't they at least send an email reminder? 

In fact, I have two snow mobiles and we took them for a ride a few weeks ago and I noticed the licenses were both expired (Oct). Then I checked the Avalanche (Dec) and Jeep (Nov) and they were with old tags too. Called DOT again, they will send emails, not a bill in the mail. I should receive an email next month for the car. Can't imagine this only happened to you and me?

4 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

In fact, I have two snow mobiles and we took them for a ride a few weeks ago and I noticed the licenses were both expired (Oct). Then I checked the Avalanche (Dec) and Jeep (Nov) and they were with old tags too. Called DOT again, they will send emails, not a bill in the mail. I should receive an email next month for the car. Can't imagine this only happened to you and me?

Well we are quite important; so maybe it was just us. :)

• Upvote 1