SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. denver - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

8 minutes ago, 808287 said:

Coach should consider two forwards with the 3x3.  Just sayin.

Injuries considered, 2 points isn't the worst outcome.  Better than being swept, less than a split.  8 games left, 24 big points to go.  Let's heal up a week and then go after 'em!

Think we do use 2 forwards a lot of times but the 2 D thing was just matchup wise with Denver. Trying to limit any chance of a clean break or odd man rush for Borgstrom, Gambrell, and Terry. 

Ill agree that the guys in suits probably hurt line set up in the three on three.  Bast, Jones, and Rhett probably all see the ice 3-3.

You could go 14-8-6, then 19-24-2, and then 4-22-9.

On a separate note, how is Borgstrom not on team Sweden in Korea?  

12 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Spot-on.  This is clearly Denver's worst team in decades and North Dakota should have won each game 8-0.

Actually he is right. I was thinking the same thing last week when the Vikings lost .... it was obviously Cam’s, and only Cam’s, fault.

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

Say what you want.  It's right there in the replays and record books.  Keep drinking the Kool-aid,  The kid has had one good year.  And that year he had an all world team in front of him.

I know, it's crazy how much worse his numbers are than Thome's on conference play!

Oh wait..... 

Cam's gaff cost this team 2 points tonight. He didn't need to stand on his head. He made some good saves but there were a lot less Grade A chances by DU tonight. The first goal he let in was unexcusable. This team has a razor thin margin of error from loss to tie to win. That was evident tonight. With everyone out of the lineup this team played as solid of a game as could be expected. They deserved a better fate tonight.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Actually he is right. I was thinking the same thing last week when the Vikings lost .... it was obviously Cam’s, and only Cam’s, fault.

Well, to be fair, if Cam had only tackled Diggs, the Saints would have been playing against the Eagles last weekend.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Last 35 minutes of regulation and 5 minute OT were some on the best "compete"/effort stretches I've seen in a long time from this team. Build on that please!

Yes.  Denver’s coaches are going to have fun showing their team clips of their better players getting out worked at times by no name UND guys later in the game.  Bowen was on the ice a few shifts Borgstrom’s line was and he was the hardest working guy out there.

I think Poolman was tremendous this weekend.  Matched up constantly against guys who will be in the NHL next year and he was rock solid.  Team gives up 4 goals in 130 minutes against that team and less than 50 shots on goal total for the weekend.  

Now if we could score....

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

Say what you want.  It's right there in the replays and record books.  Keep drinking the Kool-aid,  The kid has had one good year.  And that year he had an all world team in front of him.

Don’t get me wrong, save % has been average.  But he made some big saves tonight.  Denver could have had 2-3 more goals tonight.  I just think tying Denver 1-1....could never really be the goalies fault. 

6 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Don’t get me wrong, save % has been average.  But he made some big saves tonight.  Denver could have had 2-3 more goals tonight.  I just think tying Denver 1-1....could never really be the goalies fault. 

I think the problem is our lack of offensive firepower amplifies any mistake Cam makes. Our goalies are going to have to be really good from here on out along with the team defense.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Ill agree that the guys in suits probably hurt line set up in the three on three.  Bast, Jones, and Rhett probably all see the ice 3-3.

You could go 14-8-6, then 19-24-2, and then 4-22-9.

On a separate note, how is Borgstrom not on team Sweden in Korea?  

I think him being from Finland greatly hurts his chances of being on Team Sweden.

It is amazing that in a year that NHL guys are not playing that a kid who would be playing in the NHL this year if he had left Denver isn't on the Finland Olympic Team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3-way tie for 3rd now between UND, UMD, and WMU.
All teams played 16 games except 2nd SCSU and last Miami (both at 14 games).

UND's best shot for home ice would probably be to beat WMU, which has been struggling after losing a couple players to season-ending injuries.  Then they'd probably see WMU at home for first round.

Need to take this week off and hopefully get healthy.
With how offensively challenged this team is, we need Jones, Gardner, and Bast.

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

3-way tie for 3rd now between UND, UMD, and WMU.
All teams played 16 games except 2nd SCSU and last Miami (both at 14 games).

UND's best shot for home ice would probably be to beat WMU, which has been struggling after losing a couple players to season-ending injuries.  Then they'd probably see WMU at home for first round.

Need to take this week off and hopefully get healthy.
With how offensively challenged this team is, we need Jones, Gardner, and Bast.

It would be great to play Western Michigan again, but UND doesn’t.

44 minutes ago, cberkas said:

It would be great to play Western Michigan again, but UND doesn’t.

Yeah, I meant to pass them in the standings...it could shape up to be something like DU, SCSU, UMD, UND, WMU or similar and then UND gets WMU for first round.
We'll see, still a lot of hockey to be played.

5 hours ago, petey23 said:

I think him being from Finland greatly hurts his chances of being on Team Sweden.

It is amazing that in a year that NHL guys are not playing that a kid who would be playing in the NHL this year if he had left Denver isn't on the Finland Olympic Team.

Lol....same country right? :lol:

• Upvote 1