SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. denver - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Coming into the weekend if you would have told me we would get 2 points without Gardner, Jones, and Bast as well as Smith for a game I would've said I'll take it. With the way the guys played for the most part the last 2 nights it feels like they deserved more than 2 points. It wasn't always pretty hockey but it was how the Sioux had to play to have some success against a talented team this weekend. Even without getting any wins this weekend I feel much more confident in this teams ability to make a run. Get some guys healthy and get ready to pile up some wins in the last 8 regular season games.

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Why is Shaw out there?  He is in the top six guys for 3-3 OT?

Think they were going with 1 forward and 2 defensemen when Denver's top guys were on the ice. Kiersted just took the big hit and I definitely wouldn't Rieger out there in the 3-on-3 situation so Shaw would be the best option. Maybe should've went with 2 forwards instead but that is very dangerous with Denver.

Far better effort this weekend, unfortunately not quite the results we needed. Guys better get healthy and prepared for a run given the schedule. Team needs to dominate the remaining schedule. The way they played this weekend was a good start. Time to take the next step.

Coach should consider two forwards with the 3x3.  Just sayin.

Injuries considered, 2 points isn't the worst outcome.  Better than being swept, less than a split.  8 games left, 24 big points to go.  Let's heal up a week and then go after 'em!

First of all, I think we can all agree that this team is offensively challenged.  Second of all, I put our lack of four more points squarely on the shoulders of Cam Johnson.  We all saw Denver's regulation goal in the first period.  Those shots can NEVER go in.  secondly, if you recall Denver's first goal last night.  It was about as lazy of an effort to make as save as there could have been.  We could have swept.  We absolutely could have swept Denver.  It's time for the Thome era to begin.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Boogieman said:

First of all, I think we can all agree that this team is offensively challenged.  Second of all, I put our lack of four more points squarely on the shoulders of Cam Johnson.  We all saw Denver's regulation goal in the first period.  Those shots can NEVER go in.  secondly, if you recall Denver's first goal last night.  It was about as lazy of an effort to make as save as there could have been.  We could have swept.  We absolutely could have swept Denver.  It's time for the Thome era to begin.  

Terrible post.  Cam made some big saves too.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Terrible post.  Cam made some big saves too.

Say what you want.  It's right there in the replays and record books.  Keep drinking the Kool-aid,  The kid has had one good year.  And that year he had an all world team in front of him.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Spot-on.  This is clearly Denver's worst team in decades and North Dakota should have won each game 8-0.