SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. denver - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

9 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Not that hard to believe. Too many people think the guys in green never do anything wrong and the refs are out to get us.

Confirmation bias also comes in the form of colored glasses.   Every team sells them. 

11 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Hard to believe there were people on here defending that hit 

It let up once more video came out, didn't it?

I'll tell you from my point of view, live at the game, it didn't look like much of anything.  Well, it kind of looked like a dive, but not a bad hit.  Seeing different angles after the fact makes it look a lot different.  I didn't defend the hit on here, but didn't like the call live.  Clarity of the morning after, hindsight is always 20-20, and all that.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

It let up once more video came out, didn't it?

I'll tell you from my point of view, live at the game, it didn't look like much of anything.  Well, it kind of looked like a dive, but not a bad hit.  Seeing different angles after the fact makes it look a lot different.  I didn't defend the hit on here, but didn't like the call live.  Clarity of the morning after, hindsight is always 20-20, and all that.

I thought it looked bad right off the bat but I can see people not seeing it that way and yes there were some who still defended the hit after the replays.

16 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Hard to believe there were people on here defending that hit 

Watched it live from the other end and thought it was questionable. Got home and watched the replay on TV and after seeing the first replay which was from the side of ice where the team benches were I thought, Ok, maybe 2 minutes and then saw the replay from the penalty box side of the ice and it was a no-brainer 5 minute penalty and game misconduct.

46 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Watched it live from the other end and thought it was questionable. Got home and watched the replay on TV and after seeing the first replay which was from the side of ice where the team benches were I thought, Ok, maybe 2 minutes and then saw the replay from the penalty box side of the ice and it was a no-brainer 5 minute penalty and game misconduct.

For embellishment, right?:0

48 minutes ago, franchise said:

For embellishment, right?:0

Nope. I think Plante was asleep for a few seconds.

From the other end of rink and even first replay it looked like the Denver forward floated a pass for Plante to skate into and shoot and it looked like Smith was moving toward the puck and reaching for it at same time.....from the second replay, all of this remains true but when Smith realizes he isn't going to get to the puck first he lifts his forearm/shoulder/elbow to make contact and hits Plante in the head. This is the same view the referee had and not sure why they even conferenced to discuss it.

15 minutes ago, petey23 said:

From the other end of rink and even first replay it looked like the Denver forward floated a pass for Plante to skate into and shoot and it looked like Smith was moving toward the puck and reaching for it at same time.....from the second replay, all of this remains true but when Smith realizes he isn't going to get to the puck first he lifts his forearm/shoulder/elbow to make contact and hits Plante in the head. This is the same view the referee had and not sure why they even conferenced to discuss it.

Smith deflected Plante's shot before he made the hit

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

He also stuck his knee out too, which thankfully he missed. Nuts 

2 hours ago, Bemidji State Beaver said:

I was all for the Cole Smith game misconduct until i watched the flop by Adam Plant during their game last night against Duluth. Around the 3 minute mark of third period(notice a trend, 4th time this year?)

When no call he gets up off his back grabs his stick and plays on.

Ugh, I wanted to finish watching that game just to see if he’d get hit and get “knocked out” again. 

4 hours ago, Bemidji State Beaver said:

I was all for the Cole Smith game misconduct until i watched the flop by Adam Plant during their game last night against Duluth. Around the 3 minute mark of third period(notice a trend, 4th time this year?)

It just goes to show...you can't spell 'dumbass' without DU.

19 hours ago, Bemidji State Beaver said:

Anyone have video?

20 hours ago, Bemidji State Beaver said:

The Smith hit has ZERO to do with the UMD game.

23 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The Smith hit has ZERO to do with the UMD game.

Agreed.  That being said Plant really needs to get evaluated by a doctor with no university of Denver affiliation.  The kid runs into Smith in Denver and has to be carried off the ice on a play that happens all the time at all levels......

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Agreed.  That being said Plant really needs to get evaluated by a doctor with no university of Denver affiliation.  The kid runs into Smith in Denver and has to be carried off the ice on a play that happens all the time at all levels......

Do we know for sure that his injuries resulting in missed games are concussion issues,  or something else? Would seem if multiple concussions he'd already be done for an extended period of time,  like Genoway. Or is he milking the idea that it's concussions when he flops to get a 5 called. Certainly Smith's elbow in the Ralph could have caused one,  haven't seen the rest. 

1 hour ago, sprig said:

Do we know for sure that his injuries resulting in missed games are concussion issues,  or something else? Would seem if multiple concussions he'd already be done for an extended period of time,  like Genoway. Or is he milking the idea that it's concussions when he flops to get a 5 called. Certainly Smith's elbow in the Ralph could have caused one,  haven't seen the rest. 

I’m thinking him milking the idea and Monty going with it because if he’s going down and staying down that easily, he shouldn’t even be playing. And from what I remember about Coles hit in the ralph, it didn’t seem like he hit him good enough In the right spot for Plant to be knocked out like that. Maybe if he wasn’t wearing a helmet. I just didn’t seem like there was enough contact

17 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I’m thinking him milking the idea and Monty going with it because if he’s going down and staying down that easily, he shouldn’t even be playing. And from what I remember about Coles hit in the ralph, it didn’t seem like he hit him good enough In the right spot for Plant to be knocked out like that. Maybe if he wasn’t wearing a helmet. I just didn’t seem like there was enough contact

I agree that elbow shouldn't have knocked him out, unless he  was dealing with multiple previous concussions.