SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

13 hours ago, Sioux90 said:

Boys played hard but bad penalties and a lack of offense did it.

And questionable goal tending didn't help us any either.  Cam right now, in my mind, has been just an average college hockey goaltender this season. He needs to steal a game for us once in awhile.

7 hours ago, 1972 said:

I recant my previous statement.  I have watched the video of the hit, and it is not pretty.  In my defense, in the arena, no video replay was shown, and from where I was seated, it looked like a complete flop on plant.  That being said, if plant gets hurt that often, and that quickly, he may need to think about retirement from hockey.  That many concussions is not good

I really think the Denver coach and/or training and medical staff should be held to judgment if he keeps going back out there, poor on their part to keep allowing him to play (and I'm not excusing Smith's hit, it was a cheap shot) if he can't keep himself from harms way. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

And questionable goal tending didn't help us any either.  Cam right now, in my mind, has been just an average college hockey goaltender this season. He needs to steal a game for us once in awhile.

I agree, and I also think it's pretty obvious to everyone else as well. Thome undoubtedly would've been seeing more playing time right now if healthy. 

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I never feel bad for players who have their head down like that. Have to keep your head up and be aware of your surroundings at all times.

Well now a days we have to coddle to players playing stupid. Players can’t hit the guy with his head down anymore because it’s going to be an automatic penalty. And if Plant seems like he gets knocked out every time he plays why is he still playing? seems like a guy you put out there to draw a 5 minute major

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

When Cam doesn’t have an NHL defensive line in front of him that’s all he is is an average college goal tender. I have always thought that but you say and people and they jump all over you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Well now a days we have to coddle to players playing stupid. Players can’t hit the guy with his head down anymore because it’s going to be an automatic penalty. And if Plant seems like he gets knocked out every time he plays why is he still playing? seems like a guy you put out there to draw a 5 minute major

Head down plus glass jaw equals an unfair situation for opposing players.

33 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

When Cam doesn’t have an NHL defensive line in front of him that’s all he is is an average college goal tender. I have always thought that but you say and people and they jump all over you. 

I hear you,  I said it last year before the season even started and was blasted for it. Not only the defensemen, but you had a group of forwards, while offensively dynamic, were defensively sound.  It made the goalie job much easier. 

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Head down plus glass jaw equals an unfair situation for opposing players.

He chicken winged him in the head.  What play where you watching?  Smith took the wrong angle and missed his whole body then elbowed him late to get a piece of him.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

He chicken winged him in the head.  What play where you watching?  Smith took the wrong angle and missed his whole body then elbowed him late to get a piece of him.

It was by the truest definition.....Bush League.

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Guy had his head down. I don’t care what smith did. If you have your head down you’re at the mercy of everyone. That’s on the Denver guy. Head up is day one stuff in every sport.

27 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Guy had his head down. I don’t care what smith did. If you have your head down you’re at the mercy of everyone. That’s on the Denver guy. Head up is day one stuff in every sport.

Right...cause the puck was just passed to him and he was in the process of one-timing it. 

What an idiot for having his head down while trying to receive & shoot the puck.  Seriously, watch it again.

I’m watching the play on a laptop for a bigger screen to see if Smith tried to go for Plants head, but I can’t see it clear enough to determine that. I really want to think that Smith wouldntv intentionally hit him in the head. I want to think he tried getting him in the chest but the way Plant kind of turned he got him higher. Idk. Given the history I don’t even know why Plant was in the game, you get “knocked out” that easily and the hot didn’t even look that hard why are you playing? I get it was an elbow but a healthy player wouldntv been laying on the ice for that long

26 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Right...cause the puck was just passed to him and he was in the process of one-timing it. 

What an idiot for having his head down while trying to receive & shoot the puck.  Seriously, watch it again.

I watched it plenty. He should have been more aware of his surroundings. People know how Smith plays. If I was on another team I would be doubly aware of where he is on the ice. 

1 minute ago, Emerald joker said:

I’m watching the play on a laptop for a bigger screen to see if Smith tried to go for Plants head, but I can’t see it clear enough to determine that. I really want to think that Smith wouldntv intentionally hit him in the head. I want to think he tried getting him in the chest but the way Plant kind of turned he got him higher. Idk. Given the history I don’t even know why Plant was in the game, you get “knocked out” that easily and the hot didn’t even look that hard why are you playing? I get it was an elbow but a healthy player wouldntv been laying on the ice for that long

I think he’s just one of those glass jaw types. Smith obviously went up top on him but the hit wasn’t the type that should send a guy down and out like that in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, brianvf said:

UND is a mid-NCHC team playing a team that is a front runner to win the NCAA title. It sucks that UND couldn’t close out last nights game after going up 2-0, but at least they got a point out of this series. 

So yes, that is what this season has devolved into. This team could easily break the NCHC playoff and NCAA streaks. I’d love to see them go on a run at the end of the season, but I’m not sure it will happen. 

My point is that people are starting to get used to being a mid-NCHC team. I don't ever want to "get used to" this.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

My point is that people are starting to get used to being a mid-NCHC team. I don't ever want to "get used to" this.

I don’t think anyone is getting used to it long term...we just won the title 2 years ago. 

That said, this year we might have to accept that UND will finish mid pack. But a nice run could change that. Can they do it? Who knows. 

10 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I don’t think anyone is getting used to it long term...we just won the title 2 years ago. 

That said, this year we might have to accept that UND will finish mid pack. But a nice run could change that. Can they do it? Who knows. 

I have accepted that already. I am more concerned about the next couple of seasons.

• Upvote 1