Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AZSIOUX

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver - FRIDAY Gameday

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Kind of like how late the coaching staff is making the needed change in goal.  

No argument here!  It's Thome's job as far as I'm concerned.  If we had the bodies,  I wouldn't mind seeing Wolanin watch a few games from the bleachers as well.  Brutal doesn't even do his game justice since Christmas break.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

 If we had the bodies,  I wouldn't mind seeing Wolanin watch a few games from the bleachers as well. 

Sitting one of the few with offensive skills won't help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, franchise said:

Sitting one of the few with offensive skills won't help

Except that he's a defenseman.  And as of late, a liability at his position.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Except that he's a defenseman.  And as of late, a liability at his position.

Maybe they should move him up front for a while.  Except then who would you replace him with on D?

It is a double edged sword to push the D man up aggressively into the attack.  The other D-man should cover.  I see more issue with either simply being dispossessed in the defensive end, or stupid cross ice passes in the defensive end getting picked off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, bcblues said:

Maybe they should move him up front for a while.  Except then who would you replace him with on D?

It is a double edged sword to push the D man up aggressively into the attack.  The other D-man should cover.  I see more issue with either simply being dispossessed in the defensive end, or stupid cross ice passes in the defensive end getting picked off.

Anybody. His offensive numbers are fine but hes been an absolute liability on the backend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

When it happens everytime I see Denver play I start to question the guy. I didn't get a good look at the hit tonight but he sure sold it last time when we played in Denver and got the major call on Smith when it shouldn't have even been a penalty that time.

Smith put his elbow out. It was a cheap shot, intentional or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

I'll admit that I'm a pretty big homer, but he should be suspended for that hit.

Same, but the elbow to the head is so incredibly obvious. Smith should be benched for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Just saw the replay of Smiths hit. Not a chance he plays tomorrow. Completely garbage hit.

IMO the league has to suspend him tonight and then Berry needs to do the right thing and sits him for the Friday CC game as well. Watching it on replay.....just reckless and pathetic! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Berry was dealt a tough lineup with 3 top guys out and Smith going complete goon but boy did he try and succeed in out thinking himself last night. The 2nd and 3rd periods IMO were his worst coaching since he got over as HC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

SOG 20-13 DU

.....at one point SOG 11-4 UND

Looking back I believe UND went almost a whole 20+ minutes of playing time with just 2 SOG during this stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having watched the past 2 weekends UND is is nowhere near the skill level of either UMD or DU. UND better hope they don't get UMD first round of playoffs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recant my previous statement.  I have watched the video of the hit, and it is not pretty.  In my defense, in the arena, no video replay was shown, and from where I was seated, it looked like a complete flop on plant.  That being said, if plant gets hurt that often, and that quickly, he may need to think about retirement from hockey.  That many concussions is not good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Looking back I believe UND went almost a whole 20+ minutes of playing time with just 2 SOG during this stretch.

But Cam in net is the problem...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

# 10 single handedly killed numerous odd man rushs for his own team , someone brought up lack of puck skills and he should be the poster boy, one that sticks out is a three one one and he passes it behind the streaking player to kill it, great penalty killer and energy guy but not a top three center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

But Cam in net is the problem...

I know right, he let Gambrell top bar goal in and folks were bashing him last night, haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

# 10 single handedly killed numerous odd man rushs for his own team , someone brought up lack of puck skills and he should be the poster boy, one that sticks out is a three one one and he passes it behind the streaking player to kill it, great penalty killer and energy guy but not a top three center.

#glassandout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team needs a bye week like I need my kids not to wake me up at 5:30 on a Saturday.  Gotta get some guys back and healthy.

Just watched the Smith play and it was dirty.  I’m a Smith fan, but there is no place for that kind of play....ever.......at least a one game suspension, and I wouldn’t mind if Berry added on to it.  Killed any chance the team had to win that game IMHO.

At the same point that let’s go DU blogger moron doesn’t get to take the high road EVER after I watched one of their goons break a guys neck from behind years ago, in easily the cheapest thing I’ve ever seen in college hockey.  And as far as Monty yelling “same bleeping guy” that’s as unclassy as it gets.  The last time his kid was too injured to play and ran into Smith....then hobbled off because he shouldn’t have been on the ice to begin with. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×