SiouxSports.com Forum

Students Spearhead Effort for Fighting Hawks Mascot

ChrisUND1

From UND's website: 

The idea for a live mascot rose out of discussions and community surveys from the UND Game Day Experience Committee, formed under the guidance of President Kennedy last summer to create a more vibrant sports environment for Fighting Hawks fans of all ages.

North Dakota Athletics is moving to the Summit League this fall and is currently the only team in the league without a mascot.

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I'm confused why people are so surprised about a bird logo and/or mascot looking like a bird.

Because this new reality of UND being the Fighting HAWKS with a mascot is finally sinking in that the imaginary chance of being the Fighting Sioux or no nickname at all is fading faster and faster.

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

I would totally be on board with this...and they might even let into the Hockey Games...He could run around the rafters yelling and screaming when the Sioux score!  Sorry, Hawks score...

Image result for hawkman from flash gordon

Geez Bob, in the future please leave pictures of you on your way to your "Saturday night adventures" off the board. Some of us just finished lunch. :D

And the "John Stockton" shorts ... wow, ... just ... wow. 

Just now, BobIwabuchiFan said:

I guess I was wrong to expect something original versus copying every other bird costume related to a college or professional mascot, but that's just me I guess...

Just like the interlocking ND logo, because similar is horrible. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

Geez Bob, in the future please leave pictures of you on your way to your "Saturday night adventures" off the board. Some of us just finished lunch. :D

I hope you noticed I did do some 'manscaping' around the arms and the legs for this picture...Keeps the viewer's eyes on the wings and helmet! :)

Just now, BobIwabuchiFan said:

I hope you noticed I did do some 'manscaping' around the arms and the legs for this picture...Keeps the viewer's eyes on the wings and helmet! :)

No, Bob, I just looked away before permanent retinal damage occurred. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Because this new reality of UND being the Fighting HAWKS with a mascot is finally sinking in that the imaginary chance of being the Fighting Sioux or no nickname at all is fading faster and faster.

There it is... I figured some would actually have this mindset. Just ignorant and delusional.

There is nothing about a mascot, a pathetic overpriced forced mascot, that comes close to bridging that gap. IN FACT i predict this will have the opposite effect for a bit longer now. 

You delusional few... VERY FEW..... just will never have the capacity to understand that....  but hey..... keep buying those magic hawks t-shirts

At least we're adding jobs, or maybe workstudy options....

Actually maybe cut a pointless athletic scholorship and give that bird suit guy a full ride!

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

So your saying that the name and logo have nothing original or unique about it?.

Shame someone was hoping for either of those things, from any of this. 

Welp, you didn't get it.  Nobody feels bad for you.  Negativity isn't going to get you anywhere, obviously. 

• Upvote 1