SiouxSports.com Forum

Students Spearhead Effort for Fighting Hawks Mascot

ChrisUND1

On 4/16/2018 at 2:09 PM, jdub27 said:

I'd expect to see the final choices for students to choose from released in the next couple days.

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I was off a week. 

But I hought the sub-committee on wings hadn't voted on recommendations yet to send to the sub-committee on beaks who would then give the thumbs up or down on sending it to the sub-committee on color scheme before allowing the full committee to take a look at some prototypes?

43 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

But I hought the sub-committee on wings hadn't voted on recommendations yet to send to the sub-committee on beaks who would then give the thumbs up or down on sending it to the sub-committee on color scheme before allowing the full committee to take a look at some prototypes?

You really had to claw your way through that one. You seem to have a real ... talon ... for that. 

http://und.edu/mascot

A student-led committee has been taking the next step towards bringing a live mascot into the Fighting Hawks game day experience. The designs are almost complete, and we’re looking for the students’ input in making UND’s Fighting Hawk come to life!

Voting will open for all students Monday, April 30 at 10 a.m. and will close Wednesday, May 2 at 9 p.m.

The winning design will be announced on Thursday, May 3. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

http://und.edu/mascot

A student-led committee has been taking the next step towards bringing a live mascot into the Fighting Hawks game day experience. The designs are almost complete, and we’re looking for the students’ input in making UND’s Fighting Hawk come to life!

Voting will open for all students Monday, April 30 at 10 a.m. and will close Wednesday, May 2 at 9 p.m.

The winning design will be announced on Thursday, May 3. 

3 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

So where can we see the choices?

I'm assuming the options won't be presented until they open the voting?

14 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm assuming the options won't be presented until they open the voting?

Well if voting starts Monday, I would assume they would be released pretty soon so people have time to analyze each choice and debate the pros and cons of each option *edit: bitch about the choices.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Well if voting starts Monday, I would assume they would be released pretty soon so people have time to analyze each choice and debate the pros and cons of each option *edit: bitch about the choices.

I think by releasing on Monday, they are probably trying to avoid this.

10 hours ago, DB Cooper said:

Why haven't we heard anything on the Men's Golf program?  It seems to be a topic nobody has information on, nor does the athletic department or anyone here at siouxsports even talk about.  It all seems very bizarre to me. 

To my understanding, the team needed to raise their own endowment, something along the lines of $4 million. How is that fundraising going? I haven't seen a FundMe page on it or anything! 

I'm curious if Chaves will want to take on the heat of some alumni following through with the cutting of golf if the money is not raised.  It was not his decision, so I understand that he has no blame here, but no AD wants to have cutting sports programs in their reputation. 

No funding for men’s golf or to attract and educate student athletes here...    we have a bird costume to buy.

3 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

The bird costume is going to cost 4 million????????!!  What a waste.

I doubt the stupid fursuit will cost that much, still in a time of budget cuts you have to question how they are doing this mascot thing. It seems like they are making the same mistakes they made with the Logo, farming it out to some focus group BS firm in Ohio, instead of using the in-house resources the university already has. Or how about just shelving this whole thing till the budget situation is better? Why spend money on something extra when we have had to get rid of three programs already.