SiouxSports.com Forum

Nick Foles taking Philly by Storm

SIOUXFAN97

3 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Nick Foles is the nice guy I cheered for. He has to be a pretty happy camper this morning!

Carson (also nice guy) went down with an injury and missed this playing opportunity, would have he got it done? Maybe the team chemistry would have been different with him vs the Vikings and the home team would of won the SB LII? I did say maybe, never know.

Foles MVP played great, threw touch downs and caught one, while Brady did the first but dropped a pass.

Maybe the nucleus of this Philly team is the team outside of the Q?

Maybe Carson isn't like one of the best, but the team really compliments complements it's Q's?

Fixed your post.  Grammar Police have arrived. :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Eagles would be smart to trade Foles in the offseason.  Obviously the Eagles more than any other team (close 2nd the Vikings) realize the inportance of a backup QB.  But they would be trade Foles while his stock is at an all time high.  Getting a legit starter at a key position or a high first round pick is definitely not our of the question as far as compensation is concerned.  Will be interesting to see what happens.  Foles has obviously said that this is Carson's team.  But after out dueling Brady and winning the Super Bowl MVP, his tune may have changed now and he probably is right to think he should be a starter.  Probably not in Philly, but definitely somewhere.

If your the Eagles, the main thing you want on your team is someone who can win you a Super Bowl. They already have that. Why would you trade that away? 

They don't know when Wentz will be 100%. As the other guy said, maybe Wentz will be more injury prone after the injury. 

Why would you go from a known backup QB to an unknown backup QB? Don't you want people whos "stock is high" on your team?

Only reason to get rid of Foles is if you can't afford him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

If your the Eagles, the main thing you want on your team is someone who can win you a Super Bowl. They already have that. Why would you trade that away? 

They don't know when Wentz will be 100%. As the other guy said, maybe Wentz will be more injury prone after the injury. 

Why would you go from a known backup QB to an unknown backup QB? Don't you want people whos "stock is high" on your team?

Only reason to get rid of Foles is if you can't afford him.

He has one year left on his contract. He plays it out and retires to preaching.   Or he makes a big money grab and the eagles trade him off to try and get some value out of him before he retires. Which leaves to Eagles with an iffy QB again.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bison73 said:

He has one year left on his contract. He plays it out and retires to preaching.   Or he makes a big money grab and the eagles trade him off to try and get some value out of him before he retires. Which leaves to Eagles with an iffy QB again.

Unless Philly can get a 1st rounder from a desperate team, keep him for the year.  Tell Wentz to keep doing his rehab and when he is ready, the job is his. What I mean by that is if he isn't ready for Week 1 or 2, start Foles and turn it over to Wentz Week 3. Heck, you could win another ring in Philly!

I'm sure he doesn't need the money.

26 minutes ago, bison73 said:

He only has one year left on his contract if he's still on the Eagles mid-February, 2019, which is why he'll be traded within the next year. If he's traded, the other 3 years of his contract kick in. His contract actually makes him pretty valuable to trade and gives Philly significant incentive to trade him, though they still have plenty of time to do it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2018 at 10:47 PM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Your probably right, but I'm pretty sure CW had many dreams about playing in the Super Bowl. I would of loved to see a ND Q in there. 

Philly doesn't go 13-3 without Wentz.  I bet Carson plays in and wins a Super Bowl in his career.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Philly doesn't go 13-3 without Wentz.  I bet Carson plays in and wins a Super Bowl in his career.  

He may never be the same again?

Philly has a great team outside of the quarterback, just proved they can do it without him.

Remember what they did to the Vikes.

• 3 months later...