SiouxSports.com Forum

Nick Foles taking Philly by Storm

SIOUXFAN97

This thread is mostly satire, but seriously, Foles was amazing since Wentz went out.  He has a Super Bowl win, MVP, and a HUGE contract waiting for him.  I'd assume Wentz will be okay and have a pretty decent career, but Foles will forever be the man who brought Philly it's first title.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

no offense to carson but why the hell is he on that stage instead of someone.....that maybe played in the game???

If Brady went down with an injury earlier in the season and NE had won tonight, do you think he would have been on the stage?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

This thread is mostly satire, but seriously, Foles was amazing since Wentz went out.  He has a Super Bowl win, MVP, and a HUGE contract waiting for him.  I'd assume Wentz will be okay and have a pretty decent career, but Foles will forever be the man who brought Philly it's first title.

No denying that. To think he damn near retired. 

Nick Foles is the nice guy I cheered for. He has to be a pretty happy camper this morning!

Carson (also nice guy) went down with an injury and missed this playing opportunity, would have he got it done? Maybe the team chemistry would have been different with him vs the Vikings and the home team would of won the SB LII? I did say maybe, never know.

Foles MVP played great, threw touch downs and caught one, while Brady did the first but dropped a pass.

Maybe the nucleus of this Philly team is the team outside of the Q?

Maybe Carson isn't like one of the best, but the team really complements it's Q's?

Carson will most likely have another opportunity next season. Will he completely recover, become injury prone, start to lose his supporting cast, ever play in the big one and win, or play many years and be very successful?

Just adding a local analogy: Remember how good Cam Johnson was in MH two years ago behind one of the best defenses ever assembled in college hockey.

Philly has a great team with players and coaches combined. How good would these two Q's have been with let's say a team like Cleveland this last season, surely not in the running for any type of MVP?

Congratulations Eagles!

7 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Nick Foles is the nice guy I cheered for. He has to be a pretty happy camper this morning!

Carson (also nice guy) went down with an injury and missed this playing opportunity, would have he got it done? Maybe the team chemistry would have been different with him vs the Vikings and the home team would of won the SB LII? I did say maybe, never know.

Foles MVP played great, threw touch downs and caught one, while Brady did the first but dropped a pass.

Maybe the nucleus of this Philly team is the team outside of the Q?

Maybe Carson isn't like one of the best, but the team really compliments it's Q's?

Carson will most likely have another opportunity next season. Will he completely recover, become injury prone, start to lose his supporting cast, ever play in the big one and win, or play many years and be very successful?

Just adding a local analogy: Remember how good Cam Johnson was in MH two years ago behind one of the best defenses ever assembled in college hockey.

Philly has a great team with players and coaches combined. How good would these two Q's have been with let's say a team like Cleveland this last season, surely not in the running for any type of MVP?

Congratulations Eagles!

I feel like, instead of being enlightened by your vast football knowledge, I just went through a verbal lobotomy.

• Downvote 1

Eagles would be smart to trade Foles in the offseason.  Obviously the Eagles more than any other team (close 2nd the Vikings) realize the inportance of a backup QB.  But they would be trade Foles while his stock is at an all time high.  Getting a legit starter at a key position or a high first round pick is definitely not our of the question as far as compensation is concerned.  Will be interesting to see what happens.  Foles has obviously said that this is Carson's team.  But after out dueling Brady and winning the Super Bowl MVP, his tune may have changed now and he probably is right to think he should be a starter.  Probably not in Philly, but definitely somewhere.