SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Comments on HPC Phase II

fightingsioux4life

1 minute ago, moser53 said:

Fargo controls about 8 billion dollars. They say we can't touch it spend it or tell you where it's at. Hear a lot of cut the fat. Not so much show me the money. From the citizens.

What $8 billion are you ranting about now? 

12 hours ago, moser53 said:

Fargo controls about 8 billion dollars. They say we can't touch it spend it or tell you where it's at. Hear a lot of cut the fat. Not so much show me the money. From the citizens.

So a move to the Big 12 in all sports is inevitable? Is an NFL franchise next? :silly:

#cantmakeitup

37 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So a move to the Big 12 in all sports is inevitable? Is an NFL franchise next? :silly:

#cantmakeitup

So you think I've got it wrong. Fargo doesn't want 25 thousand SU  Med school, Law school,  D1 Hockey.

And FBS. 

Nothing personal 4life your a great fan.

#20yearstolong

Just now, moser53 said:

So you think I've got it wrong. Fargo doesn't want 25 thousand SU  Med school, Law school,  D1 Hockey.

And FBS. 

#20yearstolong

NDSU will never get a med school or law school.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, moser53 said:

And FBS. 

#20yearstolong

No offense taken. I just find it hard to believe that almighty Imperial Cass County (Fargo) has that much cash laying around. If they did, they would have gone FBS already. And they will not get a Med School or Law School because the ND Legislature hates "duplication" and "building more buildings". Last time I checked, NDSU was still an NDUS institution.

The only way you'll see Med or Law in Fargo is U of Jamestown (non-NDUS). That said, there's the teensey-weensie problem of ... accreditation for them. The existing Med and Law schools like their closed party and aren't big on letting new players in. 

And if you believe NDSU fans want DI hockey ... their football-centric fans would riot. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

No offense taken. I just find it hard to believe that almighty Imperial Cass County (Fargo) has that much cash laying around. If they did, they would have gone FBS already. And they will not get a Med School or Law School because the ND Legislature hates "duplication" and "building more buildings". Last time I checked, NDSU was still an NDUS institution.

Changing the State Constitution has been attempted a few times lately. All you need is 1 more vote. 

Fargo , Bismarck grows. Grand Forks no growth.We win youl loose. Simple

Will there be another state Med or law school in 100 years?  Never say never.

13 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The only way you'll see Med or Law in Fargo is U of Jamestown (non-NDUS). That said, there's the teensey-weensie problem of ... accreditation for them. The existing Med and Law schools like their closed party and aren't big on letting new players in. 

And if you believe NDSU fans want DI hockey ... their football-centric fans would riot. 

Jamestown U in Fargo now. There's your tip.

22 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

They would especially riot realizing that by adding men's hockey they would need to add women's hockey to go with it. 

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Talk is cheap; it takes money to buy whiskey. U of Jamestown ain't got that kinda whiskey. 

We're lucky o have you guys!

Confucius, Nastradamus and Mark Twain 

The Sicatoka, UNDBIZ and SiouxVolley

Which one are you?

The school to keep an eye on is the U of Mary.   They have established the Gary Tharaldson school of business and seem to branch out into every major.  Tharaldson is still living and supposedly is ND richest person at nearly a billion. Mary already has an endowment over $50 mill, and is still young as it only started like in 1960.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

T Denny Sanford just gave $30 million in scholarships to seven S Dakota schools and 5 more national schools like Arizona St and U Minnesota.  NDSU was not on his list so he must have found them somewhat repugnant even though Sanford Heath gave them bucks.

What will the Sanford Empire look like in 25 years? Will this giving continue?  Sanford is a Sioux Falls based company right. The board room is in Sioux Falls correct. Does Fargo have any say when it comes to Sanford.

Kelby Krabbenhoft Chief Executive Officer at Sanford I read he grew up in Mankato. I thought he may have been from Northwood .

When do you think the city of Sioux Falls is going to say we want in in the D1  civic pride .Augustana 

2 hours ago, moser53 said:

And FBS. 

#20yearstolong

So Fargo has all this money and yet homeowners are lighting pitchforks everytime Burgumville gets a tax break downtown. Basically....show-me-the-money-meme.png

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The school to keep an eye on is the U of Mary.   They have established the Gary Tharaldson school of business and seem to branch out into every major.  Tharaldson is still living and supposedly is ND richest person at nearly a billion. Mary already has an endowment over $50 mill, and is still young as it only started like in 1960.

Yup. They are finally starting to realize they are the only game in town in Bismarck/Mandan. 

"From the University of Mary studios, you are listening to 550 AM, KFYR, Bismarck, ... " <-- Nice little top of the hour, every hour, promo they've bought on the best coverage AM station in the state.  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yup. They are finally starting to realize they are the only game in town in Bismarck/Mandan. 

"From the University of Mary studios, you are listening to 550 AM, KFYR, Bismarck, ... " <-- Nice little top of the hour, every hour, promo they've bought on the best coverage AM station in the state.  

Yup or Nope. The guys pushing for Bismarck U 4 year D1 are like Bob. Gone he's never gone.

I keep thinking GF needs a station like KFYR or KFGO. KNOX pretty good range but does not reach Bismarck or Minot. On my bucket list a fYR type radio station in GF. Then again what is the future of radio. Has the Internet and apps solved that .I'd say no it's a matter of pride.