Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
AZSIOUX

NORTH DAKOTA @ Bulldogs - SATURDAY Gameday

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

No, because Ryan Duncan isn't a prototype body like Pogo is, which most power forwards are and yes, what pogo is. 

I'm just all done with everyone whining with what everyone isn't. 

Trevor Olson has a prototype power forward body too.  He has 2 goals this year.....so extrapolating that do you come up with that equating to 10-15 goals in the NHL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Trevor Olson has a prototype power forward body too.  He has 2 goals this year.....so extrapolating that do you come up with that equating to 10-15 goals in the NHL?

No. You're right. You win. I lose. Feel better?

Cripes....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tnt said:

No, we need more guys to produce, regardless if they are drafted or not.  How many people were lamenting our drafted guys, and still are because they haven't produced like they should?

...well yeah.  But typically more skilled players get drafted.  There is a direct correlation with kids that get drafted and skill (yes size is a factor but that’s also changing).  More skilled players the better.

 

everyone likes to point back to that 2015-2016 team.  Although they had caggs and stecher they still had a ton of other drafted players as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Trevor Olson has a prototype power forward body too.  He has 2 goals this year.....so extrapolating that do you come up with that equating to 10-15 goals in the NHL?

Trevor’s skating ability is what’s holding him back.  He’s done after this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Denver-split

CC-sweep

Omaha-win, tie

Miami-split

SCSU-split

As opposed to how we played at UMD this past series,  to accomplish this we will need some scoring from Guchi, Hoff, JJ, Yon and Bowen, multiple goal games from the  top line (Gersich, Pogo, Gardner or Jones) and better goaltending from Cam than he gave us vs the Dogs.  I think the boys will figure out the PK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

As opposed to how we played at UMD this past series,  to accomplish this we will need some scoring from Guchi, Hoff, JJ, Yon and Bowen, multiple goal games from the  top line (Gersich, Pogo, Gardner or Jones) and better goaltending from Cam than he gave us vs the Dogs.  I think the boys will figure out the PK.

For some reason, Bowen has gotten a pass from scrutiny, maybe because he always seems to be working hard.  Could have used that hard work on that back check when Duluth scored to go up by 2 on Friday after we gained the momentum.  If I'm not mistaken, his +/- is down near the bottom as well.  Need him to step it up on both ends of the rink, but I guess that can be said of everybody.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tnt said:

For some reason, Bowen has gotten a pass from scrutiny, maybe because he always seems to be working hard.  Could have used that hard work on that back check when Duluth scored to go up by 2 on Friday after we gained the momentum.  If I'm not mistaken, his +/- is down near the bottom as well.  Need him to step it up on both ends of the rink, but I guess that can be said of everybody.  

I don’t think he’s back to normal after his injury. He just doesn’t seem the same. Before his injury if I recall, he was our 2nd line center and he’s been 4th line since he returned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tnt said:

For some reason, Bowen has gotten a pass from scrutiny, maybe because he always seems to be working hard.  Could have used that hard work on that back check when Duluth scored to go up by 2 on Friday after we gained the momentum.  If I'm not mistaken, his +/- is down near the bottom as well.  Need him to step it up on both ends of the rink, but I guess that can be said of everybody.  

Of course he got hurt, but I expected a big point jump from him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tnt said:

For some reason, Bowen has gotten a pass from scrutiny, maybe because he always seems to be working hard.  Could have used that hard work on that back check when Duluth scored to go up by 2 on Friday after we gained the momentum.  If I'm not mistaken, his +/- is down near the bottom as well.  Need him to step it up on both ends of the rink, but I guess that can be said of everybody.  

Bowen's strength of being a great PK was actually a weakness for him vs Duluth. If I had a nickel for every time he failed to clear the dang puck... 

I'm a fan of Dixon but he made me curse multiple times this past weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Bowen's strength of being a great PK was actually a weakness for him vs Duluth. If I had a nickel for every time he failed to clear the dang puck... 

I'm a fan of Dixon but he made me curse multiple times this past weekend.

His PK struggles are compounded with Gardner out too because we have less PK guys available and if one of the regular PK guys takes a penalty... it’s just trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Man, glad someone said it. Tyson’s a great player but he was here a year. We didn’t win any championships while he was here. At the end of the day I’ll remember more of the players that had more of an impact on the program. 

Matt Henderson deserves more applause than Tyson Jost when they each walk into a game at REA.

Back on topic, UND got worked on Saturday night!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×