SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Bulldogs - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

23 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

I will right now, face value. I'm sure you are all talk....some of you just love to be miserable. 

No wonder this site is dieing with followers!

I'll wait for your reply to sell me your tickets...... 

Ticketmaster hasn't made them available to print or transfer yet

22 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Or Berry becomes the next Rube Bjorkman. One flaw I see is he gives big ice time to guys who don’t score 10-26-11, they are a great 4th line but the should not get top six minutes or power play minutes. Yes I know 26 went on a  run before Xmas but when you need a goal is this the line we really need on the ice. Maybe Berry is too much of a players coach, this team might need some tough love. 

I've said this before in previous threads that the love affair for this line could be this team's detriment. Like you said 26 had a good run before Xmas but they have done nothing since and don't need to be penciled in nightly in the lineup and playing 2nd-3rd line minutes. 11 needs to be in a suit.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:39 PM, franchise said:

No reason to keep Shaw...or let Eades leave

People need to get over this. Eades is never coming back to UND. He was lucky he was able to leave in a way to not embarrass himself on what happened while he was still at UND. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, snova4 said:

Based on Hak's past then,  I'm assuming we wouldn't be having this conversation because it's the second half and we'd be coming off a sweep in Duluth and would have our eyes on Sioux Falls. 

Didn't we have to have someone else lose for us to make the tournament in 2014? I think the whole team was gathered around a television in their hotel in Minneapolis after winning the NCHC 3rd place game watching Ohio State vs. Wisconsin in the B1G title game.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Didn't we have to have someone else lose for us to make the tournament in 2014? I think the whole team was gathered around a television in their hotel in Minneapolis after winning the NCHC 3rd place game watching Ohio State vs. Wisconsin in the B1G title game.

That team was definitely  a second half team. Also one of the least talented teams we’ve had in recent years. They were in that position that year because of a poor start and poor losses. We were also within a win of the Penrose Cup that year too. Zane carried that team. 

There is still time for this team to figure it out. But it needs to happen quick and we can’t keep up with poor performances against teams in this league. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

That team was definitely  a second half team. Also one of the least talented teams we’ve had in recent years. They were in that position that year because of a poor start and poor losses. We were also within a win of the Penrose Cup that year too. Zane carried that team. 

There is still time for this team to figure it out. But it needs to happen quick and we can’t keep up with poor performances against teams in this league. 

We gave up basically one goal last weekend that wasn't a power play or empty net goal,  so they need to get back to the penalty killing they had early in the year and take fewer penalties, and take advantage of a power play ourselves every once in a while.  

58 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

One of my fav moments.  Denver and Miami battling it out for the title and the whole crowd chanting Lets Go Sioux after the Wis vs OSU game ended.

My main question is can Berry look at where we are at and make adjustments - mainly to recruiting, but also special teams.  We basically have no high end talent up front and given some of our recruiting advantages that should not happen.  Does he have what it takes to turn that around or is he more like Bubba in football who stubbornly won't adjust a bit.  Based on how we played at the end of last year, especially against BU, I was optimistic about this season.   Looking at where we are now, it appears no returner has taken a step forward and none of our recruits are playing at the high end of their expectations.  In addition, watching our PK last week made me throw up in my mouth a little.  I just don't know what to make of this year's team.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Irish said:

My main question is can Berry look at where we are at and make adjustments - mainly to recruiting, but also special teams.  We basically have no high end talent up front and given some of our recruiting advantages that should not happen.  Does he have what it takes to turn that around or is he more like Bubba in football who stubbornly won't adjust a bit.  Based on how we played at the end of last year, especially against BU, I was optimistic about this season.   Looking at where we are now, it appears no returner has taken a step forward and none of our recruits are playing at the high end of their expectations.  In addition, watching our PK last week made me throw up in my mouth a little.  I just don't know what to make of this year's team.  

What adjustments can be made to recruiting?  Is it being out there more?  I honestly don't know.  It seems like it shouldn't be that difficult to get a fair share of the high end guys given the reputation of producing NHL players, the facilities, etc.  Yet here we are with guys like Simonson playing big mins and important spots.

3 minutes ago, franchise said:

What adjustments can be made to recruiting?  Is it being out there more?  I honestly don't know.  It seems like it shouldn't be that difficult to get a fair share of the high end guys given the reputation of producing NHL players, the facilities, etc.  Yet here we are with guys like Simonson playing big mins and important spots.

I agree - adjustments doesn't quite fit.  Do a much better job, perhaps.  I just can't figure out why after our National Title the Blue Chip pipeline went dry.

8 minutes ago, Irish said:

I agree - adjustments doesn't quite fit.  Do a much better job, perhaps.  I just can't figure out why after our National Title the Blue Chip pipeline went dry.

Outside of just more contact, visits, whatever...not sure what can be done?  Maybe Berry isn't a closer like Hak was.

3 hours ago, I Ranger said:

I've said this before in previous threads that the love affair for this line could be this team's detriment. Like you said 26 had a good run before Xmas but they have done nothing since and don't need to be penciled in nightly in the lineup and playing 2nd-3rd line minutes. 11 needs to be in a suit.

I’ve thought this for a while too. That’s a 4th line and we all know it. Appreciate what they bring to the table but the offense more likely than not isn’t coming from that line. 

There is a lack of top end finishing talent this year. They need to get greasy, hard nose kind of goals and too often it's simply not happening. There also appears to be a lack of effort. When they are trying, they can play fantastic. You see if every couple of periods but unfortunately you seldom see it for 60 minutes, sometimes not even 40. Is that on the coaches? What can they do to light a fire under this team? Sad that that actually needs to be though of at this point in the season. 

As it stands, this team is looking like they will be the one to break the consecutive appearances streak unless they can right the ship and actually start showing something. 

It's like we have entered Bizarro World.  Two years ago we won a championship with a line of NHL talent - now we have none.  We also won with incredible team character and hard play now we can't get a full 60 minutes out of our team for the life of us.  We used to be a place where talent came to grow and hopefully make the pros - now, no one seems to have improved.  We used to be a feared opponent, now we are Minnesota Duluth's whipping boy.  And no one can figure out what happened.  Maybe this is one of those years that just comes along every so often.  I hope so.  Even so, if we get our act together we could still make some noise, but the clock is ticking.  

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Feff said:

There is a lack of top end finishing talent this year. They need to get greasy, hard nose kind of goals and too often it's simply not happening. There also appears to be a lack of effort. When they are trying, they can play fantastic. You see if every couple of periods but unfortunately you seldom see it for 60 minutes, sometimes not even 40. Is that on the coaches? What can they do to light a fire under this team? Sad that that actually needs to be though of at this point in the season. 

As it stands, this team is looking like they will be the one to break the consecutive appearances streak unless they can right the ship and actually start showing something. 

Usually seems to coast thru the shifts and depend on a lot of reaching with the sticks