SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Bulldogs - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

10 hours ago, Sioux90 said:

Here we go. Been reading posts by these jokers on this site for years. No apologies.

Do you enjoy coming here? Save your breath. Seems like this place causes you a lot of anguish. Maybe you should, for the betterment of your health, find a better way to spend your time?

Just not consistent enough execution throughout the game last night to get a win. Felt like we settled for the outside too much last night. We did have some guys in front for screens and tips at times but just seems this team doesn't drive the net and create opportunities near as much as past Sioux teams. Another thing that seems to be consistent in our losses is the amount of shots that get blocked or guys just miss the net on solid opportunities. Yon and Mismash have been the guys in and out of the lineup lately but I really thought both played well last night so with Gardner out I don't know that we will see any changes up front tonight but I'd expect Johnson in for Peski at D tonight.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

The freshmen??? Boy.

Didn’t say no one else was inconsistent. I pointed out the freshmen because it coincides with Jost’s surprise departure. People expected a lot out of this freshmen class to help replace Jost’s production, but failed to realize how inconsistent most freshmen are. 

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Do you enjoy coming here? Save your breath. Seems like this place causes you a lot of anguish. Maybe you should, for the betterment of your health, find a better way to spend your time?

I couldn’t agree more for several on this board. The attitudes of some is downright toxic. I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve been critical at times. There are some (and getting to be more all the time) on this board that if we’re not blowing out the #1 team in the nation 6-0 our team is total garbage. Sure there are plenty of things this year to criticize about this years team but to say that guys are busts and have zero talent isn’t even worth posting. I think this team has what it takes at times and that’s what makes it so frustrating. Some just need to back off the ledge or get off the bus. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, SiouxCrioux1 said:

I couldn’t agree more for several on this board. The attitudes of some is downright toxic. I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve been critical at times. There are some (and getting to be more all the time) on this board that if we’re not blowing out the #1 team in the nation 6-0 our team is total garbage. Sure there are plenty of things this year to criticize about this years team but to say that guys are busts and have zero talent isn’t even worth posting. I think this team has what it takes at times and that’s what makes it so frustrating. Some just need to back off the ledge or get off the bus. 

I just find it really funny when someone said Mismash was a bust, but then he scored a goal and played his best game BY FAR in the second half. 

I'm not the fan that tells people to cheer a certain way, but I just don't understand why anyone want to despise something they love so much haha.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I think Berry found something in the 3rd with Mismash replacing Gersich on the top line.  No idea where you put Gersich because Gooch was good with the Euros.

Pogo-Jones-Mismash

Gooch-Norway-Finland

Smith-Simo-Olson (Reiger....cough)

Adams-Bowen-Gersich????

Can't touch three of the lines....Bowen isn't 100 percent, but where else do you put Gersich?

Gersich has been the biggest disappointment forward wise this season. I think Berry tries Gooch and Gersich together tonight. If he doesn't keep Mismash with 8 and 14........well? Peski is better than he plays last night plus he is better than Casey. With as inconsistent as most of these guys play Rieger is getting screwed IMO.

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Spot on.................cause nothing screams mediocrity than a 4-5-3 record since stealing the opener in Denver.

Schloss predicts a split nearly every week. Maybe he gets it and we don't.......this team just is not as good as most fans think it is.

Brad would pick a split if UND played ASU. He just takes the safe bet every time.

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Gersich has been the biggest disappointment forward wise this season. I think Berry tries Gooch and Gersich together tonight. If he doesn't keep Mismash with 8 and 14........well? Peski is better than he plays last night plus he is better than Casey. With as inconsistent as most of these guys play Rieger is getting screwed IMO.

I don't even know if I would call him a disappointment. I mean, I expected more out of him, I guess, but he's been playing fine. But, for whatever reason, he cannot finish the puck this season.

I'd be very surprised to see anyone other than Mismash, Jones and Pogo on the top line tonight. They were really really good on Friday.

18 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Playing against such a skilled team you need a better skater in the lineup, but no way 11 sits out when it's his last weekend playing in Duluth. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxCrioux1 said:

I find it a little ironic that in the same post that you accuse people of wildly overreacting, you overreact and misstate what is being posted.  I have not seen anyone state that we have zero talent or that everyone is a bust.  What many are saying is that we are underachieving and at times look lackadaisical on the ice, that many players have not developed like we had hoped, that we hate being Duluth's whipping boy, and that we are concerned about making the tournament.  What I am saying is that other than one and done Jost, the last two classes Berry has brought in has not included any Blue Chip scorers.  This is the team of Oshie, Toews, Frattin, Boesser, Parise, Schmaltz, and Zajak among others.  We won it all two years ago and have the best facilities and fans in college hockey. Quite frankly I am surprised and disappointed in the lack of studs.  No first rounders, no one in the World Juniors - have we changed recruiting philosophy or have we just missed?   We desperately need some guys who can put the puck in the net.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxCrioux1 said:

I think this team needs more experience playing together and that might extend into next season. With very few early flight risks, we should have almost everyone back next year plus incoming freshmen (some of whom look pretty good). I don't think this is the year we hang #9, but I think next year could be.

10 minutes ago, Irish said:

I find it a little ironic that in the same post that you accuse people of wildly overreacting, you overreact and misstate what is being posted.  I have not seen anyone state that we have zero talent or that everyone is a bust.  What many are saying is that we are underachieving and at times look lackadaisical on the ice, that many players have not developed like we had hoped, that we hate being Duluth's whipping boy, and that we are concerned about making the tournament.  What I am saying is that other than one and done Jost, the last two classes Berry has brought in has not included any Blue Chip scorers.  This is the team of Oshie, Toews, Frattin, Boesser, Parise, Schmaltz, and Zajak among others.  We won it all two years ago and have the best facilities and fans in college hockey. Quite frankly I am surprised and disappointed in the lack of studs.  No first rounders, no one in the World Juniors - have we changed recruiting philosophy or have we just missed?   We desperately need some guys who can put the puck in the net.

Well apparently I struck a nerve even though you aren’t one of the ones I was referring to. If you look back at some posts on here it’s some post apocalyptic stuff. Those are the ones I was referring to. I’m very open to critisism as you can look back at many of my posts. It’s just gotten downright depressing the stuff that SOME on here think the need to repeat their every thought.

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think this team needs more experience playing together and that might extend into next season. With very few early flight risks, we should have almost everyone back next year plus incoming freshmen (some of whom look pretty good). I don't think this is the year we hang #9, but I think next year could be.

There isn't a player on this team that should leave early. If Wolanin was ready for the NHL he'd be going to the Olympics, same can be said for Shane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, cberkas said:

There isn't a player on this team that should leave early. If Wolanin was ready for the NHL he'd be going to the Olympics, same can be said for Shane.

This seems a bit short sided as a player like Henrik Borgstrom isn't going, either. Personally, I think Wolanin will and should sign. He's a dynamic player.

Gersich isn't NHL ready, but he's pro ready, IMO.