SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD

AZSIOUX

So do we still hate Sandelin more than Montgomery?  I get confused on the weekly Coach-Hate-O-Meter readings...

For me it is Monte now. His classless stuff this season has reversed my opinion of him as a person.

Sandelin himself is not such a person (I don't think). It was his players who seemed to be headhunting and diving last year that made me disgusted with 

Duluth last year. I have not seen them play this year, but if they continue cheap shots and diving I might agree to dislike Sandy just as much.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I went to the CC/Duluth series this past weekend and what struck me was how freakin big the Duluth players are. I looked up their roster and I believe I counted about a dozen players who are over six feet tall and 200+ pounds. Yet, they’re fleet of foot and highly skilled.

Wait until you see WMU play.

38 minutes ago, chicofelipe said:

Wait until you see WMU play.

Yah, CC’s next series is a trip to Kalamazoo. I write a weekly column on the Colorado College Hockey discussion page on FB and I’m dreading writing this week’s piece. CC’s players all looked about a head shorter than Duluth’s, it’ll be even worse against Western’s monsters. 

• Upvote 1

Always a good showing at grandmas sports garden before, crappy food but close lots of UMD fans to heckle. They usually have a buffet and I thought the UND SIoux club has a pregame social there Sat usually before? I think I won a XXS shirt one year, fits my dog nicely. Sioux need to bring it with the black jerseys, I'm bringing the broom this weekend!

28 minutes ago, siouxczech29 said:

Nervous about this series.. without Gardner, who sits?  Yon or Kawaguchi.  Do we keep the S.O.S. line together?  Will Peski be back?  If so, what will the D-pairings look like? So many questions ... just wanted to get the chatter going again for this series.

It won’t be Kawaguchi sitting. It’ll probably be Yon. 

I hope Peski is back. 

My concern with Gardner’s absence isn’t Jones replacing him on that top line, it’s who replaces Jones on the 2nd. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/16/2018 at 6:44 AM, MafiaMan said:

So do we still hate Sandelin more than Montgomery?  I get confused on the weekly Coach-Hate-O-Meter readings...

I remember Sandelin as a player & he drove many of us crazy

46 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

It won’t be Kawaguchi sitting. It’ll probably be Yon. 

I hope Peski is back. 

My concern with Gardner’s absence isn’t Jones replacing him on that top line, it’s who replaces Jones on the 2nd. 

Here is my best guess for Friday:

Gersich Jones Poganski
Smith Simonson Olson
Janatuinen Hoff Bowen
Mismash Adams Kawaguchi

22 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

The goon (pionk) and the whiner (Toninato) from last year's team are gone.  The boys should have revenge on their minds from last year after going 0-5 against the Dogs.

They lost 5 of 6 of their regularly playing d-men. If I’m UND I attack that inexperience right away. 

On 1/16/2018 at 12:23 PM, Godsmack said:

Yah, CC’s next series is a trip to Kalamazoo. I write a weekly column on the Colorado College Hockey discussion page on FB and I’m dreading writing this week’s piece. CC’s players all looked about a head shorter than Duluth’s, it’ll be even worse against Western’s monsters. 

Kalamazoo is an environment that needs to be experienced as a fan.  It is similar to being at Michigan Tech only take it to another level.  The crowd really gets into chants against opposing teams, especially if you wind up in the penalty box.  They are much more innovative and intimidating than SCSU's limited vocabulary of "you suck."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxman said:

Kalamazoo is an environment that needs to be experienced as a fan.  It is similar to being at Michigan Tech only take it to another level.  The crowd really gets into chants against opposing teams, especially if you wind up in the penalty box.  They are much more innovative and intimidating than SCSU's limited vocabulary of "you suck."

They really make me hate that song.  Good thing I don't regularly hear it, unless I come across Jock Jams from the 90s

On 1/18/2018 at 1:46 PM, Siouxman said:

Kalamazoo is on my bucket list. I’m trying to see a game at every arena in the country. However, it gets expensive and time consuming so I only get to one or two trips a season. Hopefully next season when UND travels there!