SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockey Movies

The Sicatoka

Here's a couple Hollywood left on the cutting room floor...

Youngblood 2:  Still Bleeding

Youngblood 3D:  Racki's Revenge

Youngblood 4:  The Derek Sutton Story

Youngblood 5:  Murray Chadwick and the Tallahassee Warthogs

Since Hollywood has run out of good movie ideas I should head west and pitch them the movie idea I have.  It's a hockey movie and the best way to describe it is part All the Right Moves wrapped up in the world of junior hockey while defining a parent's love for their kid using the sport as a backdrop.  There will be love and loss and the main character's navigation through the hockey world will reflect their personal growth and what is important in life.  It would be a throwback movie set in the 80's because I couldn't possibly have the setting be current day what with hockey mom's driving their luxury SUV's and drinking Starbuck's, spending the day harassing the youth hockey board about how little Timmy should be on the AA team and running the power play.  I want a movie that has some grit and some real obstacles in life to overcome.  I'm thinking a guy like Alec Baldwin would be perfect to play the old prick of a hockey coach and I'd be willing to go to the casting couch with Jennifer Aniston to secure her in the role of the struggling hockey mom doing everything she can to keep the household running. 

23 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Yeah that is the one, didn't realize it became a franchise.

There was a fourth one.

The Cutting Edge: Going for Gold was the second one.  It technically doesn't include a "hockey" player other than the two characters from the first one are the parents of the girl in the second one.  The third one has a hockey player that takes the place of the figure skating partner and then the hockey player in that one gets a new partner in the fourth one.

9 hours ago, Yote 53 said:

Since Hollywood has run out of good movie ideas I should head west and pitch them the movie idea I have.  It's a hockey movie and the best way to describe it is part All the Right Moves wrapped up in the world of junior hockey while defining a parent's love for their kid using the sport as a backdrop.  There will be love and loss and the main character's navigation through the hockey world will reflect their personal growth and what is important in life.  It would be a throwback movie set in the 80's because I couldn't possibly have the setting be current day what with hockey mom's driving their luxury SUV's and drinking Starbuck's, spending the day harassing the youth hockey board about how little Timmy should be on the AA team and running the power play.  I want a movie that has some grit and some real obstacles in life to overcome.  I'm thinking a guy like Alec Baldwin would be perfect to play the old prick of a hockey coach and I'd be willing to go to the casting couch with Jennifer Aniston to secure her in the role of the struggling hockey mom doing everything she can to keep the household running. 

The Jost Story...

• 2 weeks later...