SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockey Movies

The Sicatoka

5 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Goon was hilarious(some great one liners , the sequel not as good but I still liked it. 

image.jpeg.7d25f1b15c61b7e8cbe9e756c5db952a.jpeg

Mystery Alaska is a great hockey movie.

One of my favorite lines in that movie, if not my favorite!!! Lmao.  Another one is “ that sounds really gay with a side of something else” also said by belchy 

D2: The Mighty Ducks is fantastic, except that it's told from the wrong perspective.

95058ba9-9b22-4408-bdd4-18d1c4aaadc6.jpg

Wolf "The Dentist" Stansson, comes home to lead his island nation of only a few hundred thousand people to become a powerhouse at the youth level.  How can you not root for a team of kids who have worked their tails off to become this great?  They get a shot at the USA's best team, not only the best team from the State of Hockey, but a bunch of mercenaries from around the country!  

ducks-roster-copy.jpg?quality=85&strip=i

We really through the kitchen sink at them, and the islanders put up one heck of a fight in the title bout, but ran out of gas and blew a 4-1 lead to lose in a shootout.

So great hockey movies, eh?

Here's the ones that I have seen....Slapshot, Goon, Miracle, Miracle on Ice (documentary), Youngblood, Mystery Alaska, Mighty Ducks, Pond Hockey, The Last Gladiators (documentary mostly about Chris 'Knuckles' Nilan), Broad Street Bullies (Flyers documentary), Cold War On Ice - 72 Summit Series...What else you got? :) 

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Here's the ones that I have seen....Slapshot, Goon, Miracle, Miracle on Ice (documentary), Youngblood, Mystery Alaska, Mighty Ducks, Pond Hockey, The Last Gladiators (documentary mostly about Chris 'Knuckles' Nilan), Broad Street Bullies (Flyers documentary), Cold War On Ice - 72 Summit Series...What else you got? :) 

Slap shot 2, or were you counting that with slap shot?

9 hours ago, Blackheart said:

In my personal order:

- Miracle
- Slap Shot
- The Mighty Ducks
- Goon
- D2
- Mystery, Alaska
- D3
- Goon 2

25 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

In my personal order:

- Miracle
- Slap Shot
- The Mighty Ducks
- Goon
- D2
- Mystery, Alaska
- D3
- Goon 2

Good list.  I have fonder memories of D2 than the first movie, but I think that's just because I watched D2 a lot more as a kid.  Haven't seen Goon 2 yet.

6 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

Good list.  I have fonder memories of D2 than the first movie, but I think that's just because I watched D2 a lot more as a kid.  Haven't seen Goon 2 yet.

I had the same thoughts of Ghostbusters 2 over Ghostbusters for a majority of my life, simply because of watching GB2 more. Watching both later, I realized GB1 is way better haha. 

No need to see Goon 2, honestly. It's very meh.

4 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Isn’t that the one with Jean-Claude Van Damme and it? Not really a hockey movie even though there’s hockey in it

Kind of like the Die Hard discussion.... it's set in a hockey arena and the plot runs through a hockey game, so it's got to be a hockey movie, right? lol