SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UNO - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

I might be the only one who sees it, but it seems to me that Wolanin has pretty much checked out, aka Boesser, at this point.  Is he just waiting to sign a pro contract and doesn’t really care anymore?  Seems like it.  Maybe 12 minutes in the box tonight changed it for him, but I’m not sure.

7 minutes ago, Reformed Gphr Fan said:

I might be the only one who sees it, but it seems to me that Wolanin has pretty much checked out, aka Boesser, at this point.  Is he just waiting to sign a pro contract and doesn’t really care anymore?  Seems like it.  Maybe 12 minutes in the box tonight changed it for him, but I’m not sure.

Him and Bast looked like the 2 best defensemen out there.

8 hours ago, GDPritch said:

I only got to see the last period of the game but saw Neb had 3 goals on just 14 SOG, was he off?  Certainly not grade A numbers unless they were grade A chances.  With this team's lack of scoring it can ill affor to give up 3 or more goals in a game.

Most were grade a chances. There was one softy if a remember right.  Our forwards were bad a lacked grit (which has started to become somewhat of s trend).  Some of our d were non existent as well.  Typically I notice guys like Shaw, bast, and poolman much more.  Guys that I actually noticed last night were kawaguchi, pogo, Jones, peski and that was about it.  Olson too...for the wrong reason.

hopefully they come back tomorrow with edge. They need to start figuring it out here soon.

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Bowen on one skate and a walking boot will be a better option than what I saw from at least 7 forwards last night.

After the u18 game last weekend I was kind of worried.  They looked a bit lazy.  That’s what we got.  

What is UND's record when the game is broadcasted on CBS college sports? It seems like they lose more than they win. 

This team is good, but has lack consistency.  I am worried a couple guys that were supposed to have a big year will not get there.

29 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Bowen on one skate and a walking boot will be a better option than what I saw from at least 7 forwards last night.

If he is able, he has to be in for #11....and if not you take the healthy scratches last night and one of them goes in for him. 

One has to question whether this team will qualify for the tournament this year.  Looked like Omaha has more top of the line players than we do and for now they should be ranked higher than us. Much higher.  Have we lost our recruiting edge since Hak left?  Are the current players deaf to the coaching staff?  Will the new AD know anything about hockey?  Seems like a lot of questions around our proud program. 

9 hours ago, snova4 said:

I've had one overreaction since becoming a fan.  It was following a series in Denver in 2016. I decided there was no way that team could play that bad and get anywhere in the tournament, so in my haste, I made plans to visit a friend of mine in April.  I watched UND win the national championship on my buddies couch instead of in Tampa.  I learned to never overreact again. This team has showed that they can put up terrible games, but have also showed they can skate with the very best in the country. 

I think we all know what you need to do this coming April....

• Upvote 2

We are now in a dogfight for home ice and there need to be some sweeps.  Tough road series’ at Duluth, Western, and Miami make this a tough battle but maybe this is one of the years when UND plays with a chip on its shoulder on road trips? 

Other than the Home series vs Western, I’m really not feeling good about this skid we’ve been on since the second night in Denver. 

1 hour ago, dden3 said:

One has to question whether this team will qualify for the tournament this year.  Looked like Omaha has more top of the line players than we do and for now they should be ranked higher than us. Much higher.  Have we lost our recruiting edge since Hak left?  Are the current players deaf to the coaching staff?  Will the new AD know anything about hockey?  Seems like a lot of questions around our proud program. 

Look at the pairwise rankings of the remaining opponents. We can make the tournament with a .500 record.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

What’s up with our last two head coaches , things are going bad how about switching up the lines , run  with the nine forwards who want to play and two d and run it like that, status quo doesn’t work all the time.

Hasn't Berry been messing with the lines since the start of the season?