SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UNO - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

What’s up with our last two head coaches , things are going bad how about switching up the lines , run  with the nine forwards who want to play and two d and run it like that, status quo doesn’t work all the time.

Hmmm, really? Considering the goal, I would say they both know what they are doing. 

Ben said it last night on TV, "ND seems to mix lines up till close to the end of the season and at that point they have them set to click"! "This ND system obviously works, look at their success year after year"???

3 hours ago, RideOrDieOshie said:

45Zu4460CHNrG.gif

I'm very likely reading too much into this, but during his mid game interview, Wolanin made mention of Omaha being a hard working team "regardless of their skill level."  That struck me as a bit condescending to Omaha, and made me wonder if there's some sort of belief that the boys can just show up and win on their perceived talent. That's certainly not the case with this team!

Then again, I'm probably nitpicking, but I'm trying to understand why they seemed so...as Ben Holden put it...disinterested. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I'm very likely reading too much into this, but during his mid game interview, Wolanin made mention of Omaha being a hard working team "regardless of their skill level."  That struck me as a bit condescending to Omaha, and made me wonder if there's some sort of belief that the boys can just show up and win on their perceived talent. That's certainly not the case with this team!

Then again, I'm probably nitpicking, but I'm trying to understand why they seemed so...as Ben Holden put it...disinterested. 

Just a guess, but he's probably reciting the team ethic at UND:  work hard.  That's been the main message from every coach in the last 20 years, and I'm guessing they have heard more of it this year, since everybody on the planet knows we don't have the same level of high end talent we've had a times in the past, particularly on offense.  In fact, it might have been a subtle acknowledgment that UNO was doing what UND wasn't.