SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-9, 0-2) @ Montana (9-5, 2-0) 1/4 8 PM

SWSiouxMN

10 minutes ago, Kab said:

The sheer lack of coaching is evident in this game

lack of d1players and lack of d1coaches

I would guess there is a contract extension for Coach Jones in the near future. They have no money for coaches outside the hockey program. They know they can't hire a competent D1 coach for $100,000/year, so they will keep him until he gets an offer to move on. Good luck. 

Just now, nd1sufan said:

I would guess there is a contract extension for Coach Jones in the near future. They have no money for coaches outside the hockey program. They know they can't hire a competent D1 coach for $100,000/year, so they will keep him until he gets an offer to move on. Good luck. 

Where were you last year?  Gawd your an idiot.

Richman is a real genius, too.  Give Daum 35, hell of a game plan.  How many players have quit in the past couple years, btw?  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Your program is not in any better shape.  Kick a kid off the team and than have a change of heart to keep the only scoring you have.  Life lessons.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Where were you last year?  Gawd your an idiot.

Richman is a real genius, too.  Give Daum 35, hell of a game plan.  How many players have quit in the past couple years, btw?  

If you think Jones is a better coach than Richman you are the idiot. You had Coach Hooker last year. He made up for lack of coaching by Jones by leading the team on the floor. You don't have a Hooker this year. The other players received the leadership and direction from Hooker last year that offset the imcompetance of the head coach. Daum is a good player thatmay just get a little bit of favorable treatment from the refs. He would have scored 50 on Jones team if he had to. But the lack of defense on EVERYBODY that night made it unneccessary for him to score more than the 25 or so he had. I believe Tom Miller tweeted in the first half of that game Daum may get 50. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

If you think Jones is a better coach than Richman you are the idiot. You had Coach Hooker last year. He made up for lack of coaching by Jones by leading the team on the floor. You don't have a Hooker this year. The other players received the leadership and direction from Hooker last year that offset the imcompetance of the head coach. Daum is a good player thatmay just get a little bit of favorable treatment from the refs. He would have scored 50 on Jones team if he had to. But the lack of defense on EVERYBODY that night made it unneccessary for him to score more than the 25 or so he had. I believe Tom Miller tweeted in the first half of that game Daum may get 50. 

You make some good points. But Richman had better get the Thundering Herd back to the NCAA tournament at some point or people in Imperial Cass will start getting restless. Once you make it to March Madness, having winning regular seasons won't be enough to satisfy the fan base.

As for Jones getting more extensions, remember that Faison is being replaced soon. The next AD will want to put his own stamp on athletics, which means all the coaches will be looking over their shoulders. #resultsmatter

3 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I agree with all of the above.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Well, congrats I guess for holding him to 35.  There was literally NO chance of him getting 50 so that's a feather in your hat.