SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-7) vs Idaho (8-4) 12/29 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 12:37 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

That's done quite a bit around these parts, especially for non-hockey sports.

Lower Expectations U, Grand Forks, ND

I'm quite apathetic at this point. Shame it has to come to this. Holding out slight hope due to the new AD. 

Fire Jones.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:55 PM, UND Fan said:

Can someone more knowledgeable than me explain the purpose/objective of the offense that we continue to run?

I was serious when I asked this question.  I played a lot of BB many years ago but I have never coached.  It looks to me like the continuous weave out front and/or quick passes around the perimeter can only set up a guy for an open 3.  With us having such a hard time hitting a 3 (or most any other shot), I don't know why they continue to run this offense.  I do realize that we are limited in what we can do because we have no size.     

13 hours ago, GDPritch said:

You nailed it on the head, I've been wondering the same exact thing.  And in today's game vs Eastern Europe he had 10 pts after 10 minutes then only got like 3 pts over next 20 minutes or so.

It was New Years Eve!!! Geno was making evening plans. I just hope he called an Uber, He might be suspended for a half if he gets a third DUI in 2 years. Jones has strict standards for his program and players to follow, 

13 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

faison should have sh**& or got off the pot...lame duck coach that did his job last year. should've canned him or signed before the year started.

I am not a big Faison fan at all but he was totally between a rock and a hard place.  He wanted to fire Jones then (after the 15-16 season) but couldn't because of the budget crunch (he should have fired him a couple of years earlier).  He didn't want to extend him to a multi-year extension because he knew Jones wasn't a great coach.  He was forced to do so after last year because we had such a great year (thanks to the play of Q and the disciplined influence he had on the other players, especially Gino).  

I truly don't believe we have lost any real talented players due to Jones not having a long term contract.  

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

It was New Years Eve!!! Geno was making evening plans. I just hope he called an Uber, He might be suspended for a half if he gets a third DUI in 2 years. Jones has strict standards for his program and players to follow, 

i thought 2nd comes after 1st....not 3rd

3 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I was serious when I asked this question.  I played a lot of BB many years ago but I have never coached.  It looks to me like the continuous weave out front and/or quick passes around the perimeter can only set up a guy for an open 3.  With us having such a hard time hitting a 3 (or most any other shot), I don't know why they continue to run this offense.  I do realize that we are limited in what we can do because we have no size.     

It’s basically freelance almost all the time, basically a 4 out

Maybe it’s not, but that’s what it looks like

9 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I am not a big Faison fan at all but he was totally between a rock and a hard place.  He wanted to fire Jones then (after the 15-16 season) but couldn't because of the budget crunch (he should have fired him a couple of years earlier).  He didn't want to extend him to a multi-year extension because he knew Jones wasn't a great coach.  He was forced to do so after last year because we had such a great year (thanks to the play of Q and the disciplined influence he had on the other players, especially Gino).  

I truly don't believe we have lost any real talented players due to Jones not having a long term contract.  

could be true....but the situation wasn't handled all that well...it will be a long year this year tho...