SiouxSports.com Forum

World Juniors 2017-2018

Wilbur

6 hours ago, cberkas said:

To me that has more to do with Canada being in the same pool as the US then Slovakia being in the same pool.

That was my point.  The loss to Slovakia is a disaster with Canada being in the same pool as opposed to who SHOULD be there in their place.

21 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

USA lacks a solid blueline. Huges and Fox are good and can transition the puck, but collectively their back end is soft.

The times I’ve seen Hughes play for Michigan he was absolutely garbage defensively. I honestly think he’d be better off in the OHL then at Michigan.

16 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Unwatchable. 
It's a disservice to hockey to "showcase" these players' skills in this manner. 

If I wanted to see guys fighting snow covered ice I can go watch any number of outdoor rinks in ND. 

There's many other games in the tournament to showcase these players. And there have been plenty of skillful plays today.

10 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Exactly. Lots of intensity and a lot of fun for all involved. 

10 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

LOL really? Sheesh. It's just a game, Focker.

You're right. Maybe next year they could play on a rink of jell-o. That would be intense and a lot of fun for all involved. Never mind these kids have dreamt about playing in this tournament for years. Or that they could get seriously injured. It would be a blast!

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

You're right. Maybe next year they could play on a rink of jell-o. That would be intense and a lot of fun for all involved. Never mind these kids have dreamt about playing in this tournament for years. Or that they could get seriously injured. It would be a blast!

You're speaking for them here. You think this may be a big time memory for them going forward in their careers? Absolutely it will. I'd be willing to say this makes it much more memorable. How many players get to play in this tournament and then get to play on this kind of stage? Very few.

You're spot on in regards to the injury conversation, for sure. No doubt about that.

For how bad the conditions are, this has been a fun game to watch and still LOADS of talent being shown on the ice.