Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Wilbur

World Juniors 2017-2018

Recommended Posts

I'd rather see the tournament in Montreal, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa, etc.  Biggest hockey tournament on the planet right now and we can't fill the rink.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'd rather see the tournament in Montreal, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa, etc.  Biggest hockey tournament on the planet right now and we can't fill the rink.

 

It’s like the “state of hockey” who can’t fill the “flagship university’s” arena.

this would look better in a Grand Fork/Fargo WJC. The X would have more people there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, cberkas said:

It’s like the “state of hockey” who can’t fill the “flagship university’s” arena.

this would look better in a Grand Fork/Fargo WJC. The X would have more people there too.

Have you guys seen the weather forecast in Buffalo for this week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Have you guys seen the weather forecast in Buffalo for this week?

Umm....not good??? :lol:

Totally unrelated but my in laws from Buffalo are in town the next few weeks and it's 22 below on my back porch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Politics, politics, politics. 

When countries like the US and Canada have to bottle neck thousands of elite players into ONE team, they have to turn to big names and politics to make cuts. I'm willing to bet the USA could produce 2 additional teams that would be evenly competitive with this current US team and I bet Canada could create at least 3 more.

The first name that always comes to mind with the politics of picking these teams is Kieffer Bellows. Slow feet, no defense, bad attitude, nasty temper, and penalty hound...BUT his last name is BELLOWS! 

Then the United States had better repeat as Gold medalists or some heads should roll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I don’t like the Sabers logo in the USA crest. 

9-0 USA

 

43 minutes ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Why is it there?

Tournament in Buffalo...outdoor game vs Canada in Buffalo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MafiaMan said:

 

Tournament in Buffalo...outdoor game vs Canada in Buffalo...

It’s the first time they have put the NHL team logo on the US jersey when in the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cberkas said:

It’s the first time they have put the NHL team logo on the US jersey when in the US.

 Not saying I agree with it...it's awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×