Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AlphaMikeFoxtrot

#MeToo wave hits ESPN

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

On initial look I completely agree.  The text message exchange does seem pretty innocent.  But I've heard stories from people who have worked there, and worked with people who still work there.  Based on the stories I've heard about how people behave, it makes me believe that there's a lot that goes on there that shouldn't.  Maybe this one woman overreacted, but there's plenty that goes on that has probably been kept quiet.

I'm sure there is plenty that goes on that shouldn't, ESPN sounds like a rough place to work honestly. But this instance shouldn't be the one used to illustrate that point. Especially when she brought up the language he used in the text messages like #longlegs than said ESPN was being self-serving by releasing the text conversation for context that made her look bad. If there's more to the story or text conversation that makes it look worse, she needs to share it.  Until then, ESPN was correct not to take any disciplinary action because this seems far from sexual harassment and like 2 friends' conversation .  For context, I strongly dislike ESPN and know someone that worked there that sounded like they got treated like garbage but the evidence just isn't there to qualify this as anything close to sexual harassment. On the contrary, this is a bit of a slap in the face to someone at ESPN that may have legitimate claims.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Buccigross named in a sexual harassment lawsuit/complaint at ESPN. Maybe we will be spared his color commentary during the tournament this year.

I just read the texts, not sure that’s harassment. Feel kind of bad for Buccigross 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

On initial look I completely agree.  The text message exchange does seem pretty innocent.  But I've heard stories from people who have worked there, and worked with people who still work there.  Based on the stories I've heard about how people behave, it makes me believe that there's a lot that goes on there that shouldn't.  Maybe this one woman overreacted, but there's plenty that goes on that has probably been kept quiet.

Which is why actual victims should be the only ones coming forward. Claims like this make it hard to believe any of them even though some have very legit complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I just read the texts, not sure that’s harassment. Feel kind of bad for Buccigross 

As you should. This is the crap that makes real claims look like garbage and make us all doubt these things. Plus, now Bucci has this stain on his life forever. Just awful.

 

44 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Which is why actual victims should be the only ones coming forward. Claims like this make it hard to believe any of them even though some have very legit complaints.

Exactly. Makes me sick. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×