Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AlphaMikeFoxtrot

#MeToo wave hits ESPN

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Buccigross named in a sexual harassment lawsuit/complaint at ESPN. Maybe we will be spared his color commentary during the tournament this year.

Was it from the Chicken Parm? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

In summary:  Young woman flirts with older man to gain position, older man excited to think he has a chance and flirts back, young woman doesn't gain expected position, young woman sues for sexual harassment and tries to ruin older man's career.  Classic.

Kind of looks that way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I'm not one to defend Buccigross(especially when it comes to his PxP) but if these text messages are the extent of what he did, this is a joke.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/12/15/espn-text-messages-john-buccigross/

 

 

As a female, I completely agree. 

I don’t doubt there are issues at ESPN, but the Buccigross complaint is a joke. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I'm not one to defend Buccigross(especially when it comes to his PxP) but if these text messages are the extent of what he did, this is a joke.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/12/15/espn-text-messages-john-buccigross/

 

 

good grief.  yeah he should not have lead with dollface  but  #longlegs was after she commented on adusting his office chair height....

I found it interesting that one of the founders of Facebook has come out and said his opinion that social meeting is destroying society....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I'm not one to defend Buccigross(especially when it comes to his PxP) but if these text messages are the extent of what he did, this is a joke.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/12/15/espn-text-messages-john-buccigross/

 

 

What a joke. Had she gotten the job this would not have been an issue. Now she’s grasping for straws. All of these people are emboldened by a few that had legit abuse. The boy who cried wolf if starting to come to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

good grief.  yeah he should not have lead with dollface  but  #longlegs was after she commented on adusting his office chair height....

I found it interesting that one of the founders of Facebook has come out and said his opinion that social meeting is destroying society....

Right? Yeah, he was kinda tacky and came off as corny as his twitter persona but my impression of the text msgs were that she was pursuing him initially then he got interested.

The fact that they included #longlegs in her initial complaint when it was in reference to the height of the chair is absolutely ridiculous.  If this is all that happened,  she really sets back any woman at ESPN that has actually been harassed(because I'm sure it's happened). 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

What a joke. Had she gotten the job this would not have been an issue. Now she’s grasping for straws. All of these people are emboldened by a few that had legit abuse. The boy who cried wolf if starting to come to mind.

Agreed 100%. Hard to believe that is considered harassment nowadays 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

What a joke. Had she gotten the job this would not have been an issue. Now she’s grasping for straws. All of these people are emboldened by a few that had legit abuse. The boy who cried wolf if starting to come to mind.

but #metoo

There is definitely a problem with people in power(mostly men) being complete dirtbags.......but with everyone wanting to be seen as a victim instead of accepting any responsibility for their own shortcomings or blaming someone else for their failures we are quickly approaching the point where these claims will become meaningless and actual victims will suffer due to the lack of credibility and wanting to group a large range of actions as the same offense.

There is a big difference in a guy using his position of power and control of someone's employment to make sexual advances vs. making an awkward pass or simply asking someone out.

Pretty soon accusing someone of "sexual harassment" will have as little meaning as calling someone a "bully" or a "racist" which are two words whose meaning sadly has rapidly dwindled to the point when I hear someone called a bully or racist these days I pause and think maybe a 5-10% chance a being factual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I guess it’s time for men to strike back and start filing sexual harassment claims against women for no reason.

sounds good, except none flirt with me....   #isleftoutacrime

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I guess it’s time for men to strike back and start filing sexual harassment claims against women for no reason.

When that happens we will see if there is a double standard. Will women be forced to resign? Will they be forced to pay money to the men for "emotional distress"? Kind of like its not okay for Al Franken to do what he did to Leann Tweeden, but she can do the same to Robin Williams? This issue is a very touchy subject, and women aren't innocent in the workplace they say crude things and flirt just as much as men. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I'm not one to defend Buccigross(especially when it comes to his PxP) but if these text messages are the extent of what he did, this is a joke.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/12/15/espn-text-messages-john-buccigross/

C'mon man.
Put a "NSFW" or some kind of disclaimer on that next time. 

There may not be an actual picture of Bucci shirtless, but just the same, my lunch is ruined and part of it is now in my keyboard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Na, not really.... seems like she's trying to change the story. She got busted when ESPN called her bluff and released the texts. Now, she's making it about ESPN's "culture".... attacking something that neither side can prove. Not saying Bucci is a saint or this whole thing doesn't happen, but this woman is proving to be a pretty vile human, from what I am seeing.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Na, not really.... seems like she's trying to change the story. She got busted when ESPN called her bluff and released the texts. Now, she's making it about ESPN's "culture".... attacking something that neither side can prove. Not saying Bucci is a saint or this whole thing doesn't happen, but this woman is proving to be a pretty vile human, from what I am seeing.

On initial look I completely agree.  The text message exchange does seem pretty innocent.  But I've heard stories from people who have worked there, and worked with people who still work there.  Based on the stories I've heard about how people behave, it makes me believe that there's a lot that goes on there that shouldn't.  Maybe this one woman overreacted, but there's plenty that goes on that has probably been kept quiet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

On initial look I completely agree.  The text message exchange does seem pretty innocent.  But I've heard stories from people who have worked there, and worked with people who still work there.  Based on the stories I've heard about how people behave, it makes me believe that there's a lot that goes on there that shouldn't.  Maybe this one woman overreacted, but there's plenty that goes on that has probably been kept quiet.

Definitely not disagreeing and I think this is probably a VERY common thing in the sports media world that is wholly driven by males. However, these two situations look completely different and to me, it looks like she's grasping for straws once she realized her Bucci nonsense got called out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×