SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-5) @ SDSU (8-4) 12/12 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

24 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

Lifetime no cut contract for  bj

Good to see Jone's coaching style hasn't changed. He is able to recruit good athletes that like to just play ball. My guess is that is his selling point to recruits. "Why would you want to go to another D1 school where they have stucture and discipline, come here and you can run and gun aand do what you want".  That is basically what Moody from Dickinson said when he signed.  Then he does his post game interview and whines that is players just go rouge and do what they want and don't play defense. Shocking. 

46 minutes ago, SIOUX29 said:

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, other than hockey UND needs to be a stopping ground for coaching not a destination!! Embarrassing tonight on TV, wish it was over 

I COMPLETLEY AGREE.

The current coaching complacency in both football and men's basketball is a major problem, not a luxuary like some in the athletic department perceive it to be.

6 minutes ago, homer said:

Who perceives it to be a luxury? 

I'm not going to point out individuals.

However, those who are lazy and/or have personal interests directed towards the ice within the department sure appreciate the luxury of not needing to actively monitor performance reports. No consequences anticipated when one signs one of these "special" contract extensions. 

He’s has been bailed out by two very good scorers his whole coaching career! Extension! He brings in some questionable quarterback/point gauds! See Cleveland!  

Geno seems to have the talent, but I don’t understand how he gets himself in so much trouble all the time?! He is such a good player. 

Seems to force it?

39 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Good to see Jone's coaching style hasn't changed. He is able to recruit good athletes that like to just play ball. My guess is that is his selling point to recruits. "Why would you want to go to another D1 school where they have stucture and discipline, come here and you can run and gun aand do what you want".  That is basically what Moody from Dickinson said when he signed.  Then he does his post game interview and whines that is players just go rouge and do what they want and don't play defense. Shocking. 

Yea, Our big instate recruit this summer was great! He was on tv getting caught punching a guy in the lower waist during the shrine game!! Bek I watched to see the kid, and he did that! Haven’t seen anyone talk too much about that on here! 

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

Basically what he said or your interpretation of it to make whatever point it is you are going for? Here is his actual quote:

“What attracted me to the Big Sky was they play kind of run-and-gun,” Moody said. “If you can’t shoot, you’re not going to be successful, and that’s kind of how I’d like to play. UND and their system, it completely goes into my style.”

Shocker that a kid who likes to shoot was attracted to an uptempo offense that will create open looks from behind the arc. 

UND's offensive sets are very similar to what SDSU runs. However they have the freedom to run in transition. That doesn't work as well when you have a bunch of new pieces that haven't played together and they can't hit shots. Stewart and Geno are still going through some growing pains at the guard spot. If they can figure it out, they are going to be very good. If not, this team will continue to struggle. Looks like some of the first is finally coming off Dale, so that's encouraging. 

55 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I'm not going to point out individuals.

However, those who are lazy and/or have personal interests directed towards the ice within the department sure appreciate the luxury of not needing to actively monitor performance reports. No consequences anticipated when one signs one of these "special" contract extensions. 

So you're bringing your vague accusations over to the basketball forums now? 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So you're bringing your vague accusations over to the basketball forums now? 

Whether they were vague or not, I would expect someone to have a problem with it. I would hate to give you the benefit of the doubt and God forbid provide an actual name.

Some just don't like to think there's something wrong or off. Well, in collegeiate athletics and many other disciplines, you can often explain poor performances by just that.

But, it's always hunky dory at UND, right @jdub27?

11 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Whether they were vague or not, I would expect someone to have a problem with it. I would hate to give you the benefit of the doubt and God forbid provide an actual name.

Some just don't like to think there's something wrong or off. Well, in collegeiate athletics and many other disciplines, you can often explain poor performances by just that.

But, it's always hunky dory at UND, right @jdub27?

I've never said that it anything close to that. If I have issues with someone or something I'm likely not going to air it out here but in the off chance I do, I'm actually going to address the issue and not make continuous posts implying something. 

The fact that you continue to make posts like that and then admit your aren't surprised that someone takes issue with it says a lot. Put your money where your mouth is and provide specifics so people can see what these accusations you keep hinting around actually are. There are plenty of people on here who have enough info to back up your claims or tell you you have no clue what you're talking about. At this point your cryptic messages are just trolling, which you've basically admitted. 

• Upvote 1

This was bad, bad, bad, bad, bad. If this was a case of hot shooting, sometime that happens.  This wasn't one of those cases.  

UND played well for 6 out of the 40 minutes tonight.  

The defense needs to get better, now.  At least give more of an effort for goodness sakes.  I think a potential issue is that since the shots are falling, its getting in their head on the defensive end and they are giving less effort.

Geno:  You do not have to do it all, R-E-L-A-X.  Pick your spots and go.

5-25 from 3.  Not going to get it done, some of these forms do not look good.  

17 days until conference play starts at home verses Idaho.  Its time for this team to have a little "come to Jesus" moment. 

I'll repeat what I said: a good start to conference play will make a lot of this go away.  In order for that to happen, everyone on the coaching staff, players and managers need to start doing better. 

I'll end on 1 positive note:  Dale Jones played the best tonight out of everyone for UND.  I hope he can keep putting up similar number and Stay Out Of Foul Trouble!

• Upvote 1