SiouxSports.com Forum

Far too early, but what the hell...Bracketology

petey23

The B1G has only 2NotreDame & 4OhioSt left, so no lower-ranked team can win, bringing bubble down to at least 12th.

The ECAC has two ranked teams 11Clarkson/3Cornell and two lower-ranked teams 25Harvard/21Princeton left.

Hockey E has two ranked teams 7Northeastern/9Providence and two lower-ranked teams 15BostonC/18BostonU left.

NCHC has three ranked teams 1StCloud/5Denver/8Duluth and lower-ranked 14NDak left.

Atlantic and WCHA have only lower-ranked teams left so their winners are guaranteed at least 15th & 16th.

If, NDak, one of the Bostons, and Harvard or Princeton win two games next weekend, the BUBBLE will burst at the 12th PairWise. Then the top 11 ranked Pairwise teams on Sunday would get into the NCAAs with the 5 lower ranked conference tournament champions.

PairWise after today's play.

1 St. Cloud State
2 Notre Dame
2 Cornell
4 Ohio State
4 Denver
6 Minnesota State
7 Northeastern
8 Minnesota Duluth
8 Providence
10 Michigan
10 Clarkson
12 Penn State
13 Minnesota
14 North Dakota
15 Boston College
16 Bowling Green

EDIT: If, can be a big word.

Playing around on the CHN YATC tool.

As long as no surprises in HEA and ECAC, I got many scenarios where UND gets the final #14 spot as long as they win one game (didn't matter which game...whether it was the first game or 3rd place game).

Also got them up to 10th if the win both, but then the bubble scenarios aren't as meaningful anyway.  ;)

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

As long as no surprises in HEA and ECAC, I got many scenarios where UND gets the final #14 spot as long as they win one game (didn't matter which game...whether it was the first game or 3rd place game).

Also got them up to 10th if the win both, but then the bubble scenarios aren't as meaningful anyway.  ;)

Actually, they'd still be meaningful...but for teams not named North Dakota.

5 hours ago, brianvf said:

I can get them up to 8th.

Your Picks

Atlantic Hockey

• Semifinal #2: Canisius defeats Air Force
  • Semifinal #1: Mercyhurst defeats Robert Morris
  • Championship game: Mercyhurst defeats Canisius

Big Ten

• Championship game: Notre Dame defeats Ohio State

ECAC

• Semifinal #2: Harvard defeats Clarkson
  • Semifinal #1: Cornell defeats Princeton
  • Championship game: Harvard defeats Cornell

Hockey East

• Semifinal #2: Northeastern defeats Providence
  • Semifinal #1: Boston College defeats Boston University
  • Championship game: Boston College defeats Northeastern

NCHC

• Semifinal #2: Denver defeats Minnesota Duluth
  • Semifinal #1: North Dakota defeats St. Cloud State
  • Consolation game: Minnesota Duluth and St. Cloud State tie.
  • Championship game: North Dakota defeats Denver

WCHA

• Championship game: Northern Michigan defeats Michigan Tech

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

St. Cloud we need to chat. You need to let UND win. 

It'll help (increase the odds of) knock Minnesota out of the tournament.

You don't want to face Minnesota at the X in the Frozen Four do you?

Go watch some old youtube videos of the time when Minnesota played Maine in the National Championship game at the X.

Hmmmm....

Nah, I think we'd rather play in Sioux Falls sans North Dakota. Besides, the Eagles are going to win the HE tourney and push the Gophers out anyway.

See you at the X

This all reeks of the 13-14 season. Barely snuck into that tourney as well, and went on to the Frozen Four. This team has really shown the level of hockey they are capable of playing over the past two weekends. Hopefully its not too little too late. I expect a solid return to the X.

Yeesh, probably worse than expected.  According to Jim, even with one win we only have a 25% chance of getting in.

https://collegehockeyranked.com/forecast/pwrtournament/

Edit:  I might be misinterpreting it.  I wonder if we really have a 39% chance (the 14% if we have zero wins and the 25% if we have one win.)  This is why I'm not good at math.

1 hour ago, Walsh Hall said:

With a non-autobid from Hockey East or ECAC it's gonna be very tough.  In a huge percentage of the scenarios with one win we end at 14.  If either ECAC or HE don't go our way we'd most likely be out.  Have to win (2) and make it not matter.

Mankato losing was a very big deal, wasn't it?

3 minutes ago, burd said:

Mankato losing was a very big deal, wasn't it?

That being said, how good is it for college hockey to have Northern Michigan battling it out with Michigan Tech for the Broadmoor Trophy and an NCAA tournament berth on the line?  The UP will be rockin' next weekend!  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

That being said, how good is it for college hockey to have Northern Michigan battling it out with Michigan Tech for the Broadmoor Trophy and an NCAA tournament berth on the line?  The UP will be rockin' next weekend!  

I live my life in a kelly green world. I don't give a damn about Michigan :p

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

That being said, how good is it for college hockey to have Northern Michigan battling it out with Michigan Tech for the Jeff Sauer WCHA Championship Trophy and an NCAA tournament berth on the line?  The UP will be rockin' next weekend!  

FYP. WCHA retired the Broadmoor.