SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-4) vs NDSU (3-5) 12/9 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

2 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Second game I've been to this year along with the Utah Valley game.  Seems to me that this year's team is the same as every other version of the past 12 teams, which is a bunch of street ballers.  The M.O. seems to be the same as it always is: stick 4 or 5 of the best athletes on the team on the floor at the same time, let them run & gun, and hope for the best.  Problem is that this season we don't have a player like Hooker that come overcome the discombobulation that surrounded him on the floor.

It was very easy to see which team had the more talented players overall last night, it wasn't even close.  The difference was that NDSU seems to have an identity and a goal with what they want to accomplish at each end of the court.  

Lmao. Your confusing talent with athleticism. Und had better sthletes. Ndsu had better basketball players. Ndsu has 3 legit players that can slash to the hoop and score. Und couldn't defend them. If und didn't get home cooking from the refs thst game would gave been 20+ points. The game in fargo could very well be a role rd versa like last year. 

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Lmao. Your confusing talent with athleticism. Und had better sthletes. Ndsu had better basketball players. Ndsu has 3 legit players that can slash to the hoop and score. Und couldn't defend them. If und didn't get home cooking from the refs thst game would gave been 20+ points. The game in fargo could very well be a role rd versa like last year. 

It was one game bro. Your team isn't very good either, as their record indicates.  No inside game or rim protectors, just like UND.

Avants is solid. It would be fun to watch him play his natural spot of power forward alongside a true center, but there is none on the roster. The biggest disappointment is the lack of strength and conditioning on the team. Did anyone add any strength in the last year? Are they required to lift weights in off season?  Stewart, Crandall, Avants, Seales......solid. Who can help from there?

1 hour ago, UND-1 said:

It was one game bro. Your team isn't very good either, as their record indicates.  No inside game or rim protectors, just like UND.

Good grief, NDSU outscored UND by 31 points from the field. Without the huge disparity in free throws it likely would have been a blowout. 

Based on that single game, I'd say that NDSU has a much better balanced team than UND.

5 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Good grief, NDSU outscored UND by 31 points from the field. Without the huge disparity in free throws it likely would have been a blowout. 

Based on that single game, I'd say that NDSU has a much better balanced team than UND.

UND more athletic, NDSU just actually plays defense and is way more disciplined 

18 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Tough to get fouled when you’re getting wide open looks. There was no home cooking. UNDs offense consisted of pounding the ball down low into traffic. That’s why we drew so many more fouls. NDSU would have drawn more fouls if they were being defended.

40 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

UND more athletic, NDSU just actually plays defense and is way more disciplined 

I'd say your guards are more athletic but not necessarily "better.'  I'd take miller over either of your starters.

The rest of the NDSU's team  is bigger, deeper, and more talented.

6 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

I'd say your guards are more athletic but not necessarily "better.'  I'd take miller over either of your starters.

The rest of the NDSU's team  is bigger, deeper, and more talented.

Having Seales would have helped, overall UND is the more athletic team, NDSU is better coached and more disciplined and also actually have a couple 3 point shooters. Also a bit taller

UND got off to a awful start and could not recover.  Until UND can develop a bench, if any of the starters go down it is going to be tough sledding going forward.  They current have 4.5 players that I would call consistent (and that is all the starters) 

Stewart has been solid, Geno needs to step up. 

I feel for Dale, I think if he had his shot down he would be a viable replacement for Drick (also he can shoot FTs), the injuries have taken its toll on him. 

I hope that Walter can build off of this game and continue to get better. They need him to develop into a viable bench player.  

Jafar needs to be that shooter off the bench.  Period. Jones stated he was the most improved player and right now it is not being shown.  If not him, Tray has to do it.  

Faisons decision to let Jones go lame duck last year is showing its effects. I don't want to hear the word "budget" they could have gotten a bridge deal done.  I hope the new AD won't pull a stunt like that. 

Credit NDSU, they punch UND in the mouth and kept pushing them down whenever they got close.  I still think they are a year away kind of team. 

They better put a better performance in Fargo.  Having Seales back will help. Until then, on to Brookings.  We are nearing conference play, it time to get some answers to these tough questions.  The start of conference play is brutal.  The way they played tonight they would go 1-5 playing like that and they would barely beat ISU. 

20 hours ago, Gothmog said:

You are counting on the hope that UND wouldn't have scored on the possessions they were fouled on. Good thing Seales was out, would have likely been another 10-12 free throws.

UND was close, needed one more shot to fall and couldn't get it. Missing Seales hurt big time in this one. His game is tough to defend and he's also good on the defensive end. I think having him back flips the results next month. I thought Walters and Brown filled in nice, Kinsey was a little disappointing. Was surprised Brown didn't take a few more 3's, he's got the skills to be the shooter UND is looking for.

NDSU hasn't shot anywhere near close to that from the field or especially on 3's all year. Miller is good despite their fans hating on him, they are going to struggle without him next year. AJ finally hit some shots, he's been hampered, but still an all-around player.

Flagrant on Stewart was a tough call, though unfortunately probably the right one. Richman not getting T'd up during the game was a bit of a stretch though.

Reffing was what it was, UND's athleticism was the reason they spent half the game at the line. The free throw shooting was huge in this one.

29 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

UND was close, needed one more shot to fall and couldn't get it. Missing Seales hurt big time in this one. His game is tough to defend and he's also good on the defensive end. I think having him back flips the results next month. I thought Walters and Brown filled in nice, Kinsey was a little disappointing. Was surprised Brown didn't take a few more 3's, he's got the skills to be the shooter UND is looking for.

NDSU hasn't shot anywhere near close to that from the field or especially on 3's all year. Miller is good despite their fans hating on him, they are going to struggle without him next year. AJ finally hit some shots, he's been hampered, but still an all-around player.

Flagrant on Stewart was a tough call, though unfortunately probably the right one. Richman not getting T'd up during the game was a bit of a stretch though.

Reffing was what it was, UND's athleticism was the reason they spent half the game at the line. The free throw shooting was huge in this one.

Not sure on Brown. His stroke wasn’t exactly silky.

• 1 month later...