SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (4-3) @ Creighton (5-2) 12/5 7PM

SWSiouxMN

I watched this team play Utah Valley on FSN, not impressed.  Their offense consists of running a weave out on the top of the perimeter  until someone  gets open for a 3 point shot, and then chuck the ball up.  It had better go in because no one in green and white is anywhere near the bucket for a rebound. 

The transition offense consists of Geno, or one of the other speed mercahants, crashing down the lane and taking an out of control, awkward, off balance shot.  Very undisciplined, this is the area of their game that reminds me of pick-up playground  basketball.

We are painfully undersized and losing Bernhardt and Shanks to transfers hurt.. Is there any height help on the horizon?  Someone, maybe Jones himself mentioned a player named McNaulty(?).

9 hours ago, Siouxfan69 said:

I watched this team play Utah Valley on FSN, not impressed.  Their offense consists of running a weave out on the top of the perimeter  until someone  gets open for a 3 point shot, and then chuck the ball up.  It had better go in because no one in green and white is anywhere near the bucket for a rebound. 

The transition offense consists of Geno, or one of the other speed mercahants, crashing down the lane and taking an out of control, awkward, off balance shot.  Very undisciplined, this is the area of their game that reminds me of pick-up playground  basketball.

We are painfully undersized and losing Bernhardt and Shanks to transfers hurt.. Is there any height help on the horizon?  Someone, maybe Jones himself mentioned a player named McNaulty(?).

The amount of things wrong in this one.....:silly:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

The amount of things wrong in this one.....:silly:

I was thinking the same. If you you're not knowledgable enough about the program to have a basic handle on players names and postions, your are beyond casual, and aren't worth the time it takes to respond.  Now, damn it, Jdub27, you spurred me to do it anyway.  LOL!

18 hours ago, Siouxfan69 said:

Bernhardt? Not even close...

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

But you would at minimum get the player's names right at better than a 50% rate.

Pretty hard for a casual fan to get the names right when they've been wiped off the map. Seriously, half of the players on last year's team have been removed off of undsports.com's roster page for 2016, including Drick and Carson.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:02 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

This is going to be a long, cold winter for MBB. :(:angry:

I think they will still turn out okay and avoid the mess that was 2014-15, but clunkers in the next two might start to sound the alarms.  

They do need to figure a few things out before conference play, that is going to be a gauntlet right out of the gate. 

26% from 3 as a team is NOT going to get the job done, they need to start hitting some shots. 

3 points from Geno isn't going to get it done either.