Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
geaux_sioux

Would You Rather

Slip or Surpass?  

72 members have voted

  1. 1. Would You Rather NDSU Slip Back Down To The Pack Or UND Surpass Their Current Level?

    • NDSU slips
      7
    • UND surpasses
      65


Recommended Posts

I'm for JMU today and will go so far as to say that there is NO WAY SDSU beats the Bison in a rematch.

NO WAY. Thus I want JMU to win today and in Texas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Irish said:

I hate to say it, but every time I see the Bison piss-pound someone in the playoffs I get more frustrated with Bubba's lack of action after last season.  If he thinks he can win at this level with Rudolph calling the plays then maybe he isn't the man for the job.  

You gotta remember tho we run a super duper complicated offense that takes 4.5 years to learn.  And since Bubba's first recruiting class doesn't count, we won't know how to evaluate Rudolph until game 7 of 2019, when those 5th year seniors have mastered the super duper playbook. 

Until then, you need to ignore everything going on around you and pledge your blind allegiance to the regime.  Join the Borg. Resistance is futile.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

You gotta remember tho we run a super duper complicated offense that takes 4.5 years to learn.  And since Bubba's first recruiting class doesn't count, we won't know how to evaluate Rudolph until game 7 of 2019, when those 5th year seniors have mastered the super duper playbook. 

Until then, you need to ignore everything going on around you and pledge your blind allegiance to the regime.  Join the Borg. Resistance is futile.  

Or you could just whine about everything that's happened over the past 4 years and hark back to the Mussman days when we had an exciting offense and all was well with the world and UND football.

And of course, continue to denigrate anyone who doesn't agree with you as losers who really don't care if the team wins and who have low expectations because they don't want UND football to turn into Tennessee football with fans crying for a new coach every 6 weeks.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Irish said:

I hate to say it, but every time I see the Bison piss-pound someone in the playoffs I get more frustrated with Bubba's lack of action after last season.  If he thinks he can win at this level with Rudolph calling the plays then maybe he isn't the man for the job.  

They had two guys run for close to 200 yards and ran for over 400 as a team.  

Threw for 160. 

Actually it was right out of Rudolph’s playcalling.  Good chunk of their runs were A gap power.  

Their o line/te/fb group was dominate.  

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

You gotta remember tho we run a super duper complicated offense that takes 4.5 years to learn.  And since Bubba's first recruiting class doesn't count, we won't know how to evaluate Rudolph until game 7 of 2019, when those 5th year seniors have mastered the super duper playbook. 

Until then, you need to ignore everything going on around you and pledge your blind allegiance to the regime.  Join the Borg. Resistance is futile.  

Spot on. 

All hail mediocrity! 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, homer said:

They had two guys run for close to 200 yards and ran for over 400 as a team.  

Threw for 160. 

Actually it was right out of Rudolph’s playcalling.  Good chunk of their runs were A gap power.  

Their o line/te/fb group was dominate.  

Going out on a limb but might have something to do with talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shep said:

I'm for JMU today and will go so far as to say that there is NO WAY SDSU beats the Bison in a rematch.

NO WAY. Thus I want JMU to win today and in Texas.

Why do you say that? SDSU pretty much curb stomped FU in Brookings. And they have curb stomped people in the playoffs as well. They look for real to me.

Meanwhile, JMU nearly lost at home to Weber State. I don't know if they are as good this year or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Going out on a limb but might have something to do with talent.

No !@#$......

Amazing how much more physically ready a position like OL/TE can be when you start 3 Sr., 2 Jrs and only one So.  and half of those guys are backed up by Sr.  Who would have thought right?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, homer said:

They had two guys run for close to 200 yards and ran for over 400 as a team.  

Threw for 160. 

Actually it was right out of Rudolph’s playcalling.  Good chunk of their runs were A gap power.  

Their o line/te/fb group was dominate.  

You really don't see the difference?  Well, great things are on the horizon then because we have the same offense as the best program in the country.  How many 1 yard dives on first down did they run - using their 185 pound running back who is an all american when he gets the ball with space?  Rudolph backers mystify me.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could have have curb stomped Sam last night as well.   For the love of pete, why do the Bison always seem to get easy opponents, or at least teams that forget to show on game day?   I'm convinced their run has more to do with luck than any type of talent.    But then, Bubba had better start shaping up and getting lucky next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Irish said:

You really don't see the difference?  Well, great things are on the horizon then because we have the same offense as the best program in the country.  How many 1 yard dives on first down did they run - using their 185 pound running back who is an all american when he gets the ball with space?  Rudolph backers mystify me.

I think I see the difference pretty well.  They have a really talented OL/TE group that is coached well and executes.  They also are a very experienced group and rarely have to plug in more than one or two underclassmen in their rotation. 

The difference wasn't play calling, it was executing the plays that were called and physically dominating SHSU.  Unless its a special group, you don't do that with an OL/TE/FB group consisting mainly of RsFR/So.  Generally at the FCS level you aren't getting 4-5 of that special OL talent and development is needed.  The development of our OL group going all the way back 6-7 years has not been very good and needs improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, homer said:

I think I see the difference pretty well.  They have a really talented OL/TE group that is coached well and executes.  They also are a very experienced group and rarely have to plug in more than one or two underclassmen in their rotation. 

The difference wasn't play calling, it was executing the plays that were called and physically dominating SHSU.  Unless its a special group, you don't do that with an OL/TE/FB group consisting mainly of RsFR/So.  Generally at the FCS level you aren't getting 4-5 of that special OL talent and development is needed.  The development of our OL group going all the way back 6-7 years has not been very good and needs improvement.

We have OL recruits that come in and digress. Stockwell had an offer from NDSU. Had he gone there he would have had better coaching and would have been closer to reaching his potential. Saying that is like passing a Goddamn kidney stone for me but it’s the sad truth.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, homer said:

No !@#$......

Amazing how much more physically ready a position like OL/TE can be when you start 3 Sr., 2 Jrs and only one So.  and half of those guys are backed up by Sr.  Who would have thought right?

Yup...... amazing what a roster of true D1 players can do. Least you clarified Rudy could have stepped in wearing green and gold last night and called the same game...resulting in the same outcome. Glad he's still on our staff. Some here are frickin delusional to think UND will get on par any time soon with NDSU if NDSU keeps the same talent level moving forward. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Irish said:

You really don't see the difference?  Well, great things are on the horizon then because we have the same offense as the best program in the country.  How many 1 yard dives on first down did they run - using their 185 pound running back who is an all american when he gets the ball with space?  Rudolph backers mystify me.

He doesn't..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TRex said:

We could have have curb stomped Sam last night as well.   For the love of pete, why do the Bison always seem to get easy opponents, or at least teams that forget to show on game day?   I'm convinced their run has more to do with luck than any type of talent.    But then, Bubba had better start shaping up and getting lucky next year.

Wha...........what???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yup...... amazing what a roster of true D1 players can do. Least you clarified Rudy could have stepped in wearing green and gold last night and called the same game...resulting in the same outcome. Glad he's still on our staff. Some here are frickin delusional to think UND will get on par any time soon with NDSU if NDSU keeps the same talent level moving forward. 

Where has anyone on this site said UND will be on par with NDSU all things being what they are today? 

I think my point and yours are the same point but some of you guys who blindly hate anyone who doesn't fully agree that Rudolph needs to go just type away at anyone who say anything besides that and mistake it for support all things UND.  I do think Rudolph could have had the same outcome last night with NDSU's roster vs. SHSU.  The plays they had success on were pretty basic.  They just were a better team and bullied a squad that had was not very good defensively and wanted nothing to do with a  team lining up and running right at them.  NDSU also has a great S&C program and does a very good job developing OL.  Even guys that no one else see's as D1 talent.  We could likely site numerous examples but I am sure you know the names.

That said and even if all was equal, you have to admit at a position like OL 1 or 2 extra years of physical development makes a difference.  A majority of their guys they started last night were Srs/Jrs..  And that is my biggest issue with this season and it can go all the way back to the previous staff and falls on this one.  Upper class o-line play and development with S&C has not been very good.  That has nothing to do with Rudolph but does fall on some people on this staff.  I also am not one that is real high on Juco or FBS transfers as more often than not, at all FCS programs they are more misses than hits and are not going to do quick patchwork of needs.  There has to be development. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TRex said:

We could have have curb stomped Sam last night as well.   For the love of pete, why do the Bison always seem to get easy opponents, or at least teams that forget to show on game day?   I'm convinced their run has more to do with luck than any type of talent.    But then, Bubba had better start shaping up and getting lucky next year.

Good lord.........

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Do you feel better saying all this negative stupid sh*t?  

If it makes you and others comprehend some of this nonsense......yes!!

For someone to suggest UND would have "curb stomped" SH too........ that's nonsense. Plain and simple!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Wha...........what???

If we are that bad that we couldn't beat Sam the way they looked last night then this program is far worse than anyone imagined.   Sam looked terrible all the way around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TRex said:

If we are that bad that we couldn't beat Sam the way they looked last night then this program is far worse than anyone imagined.   Sam looked terrible all the way around.

We will get our shot next year but I don’t think you are giving enough credit to their opponent last night.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TRex said:

If we are that bad that we couldn't beat Sam the way they looked last night then this program is far worse than anyone imagined.   Sam looked terrible all the way around.

"Looked" terrible is exactly the point. NDSU is the reason they looked terrible. Despite the way they looked last night, Sam is a good FCS team. They likely would have hung a big number on this year's UND squad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×