SiouxSports.com Forum

Would You Rather

geaux_sioux

Slip or Surpass?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Rather NDSU Slip Back Down To The Pack Or UND Surpass Their Current Level?

• NDSU slips
    • UND surpasses

5 hours ago, zonadub said:

So, what would be wrong with taking the Bison down from the top? Why do they have to get worse? Would really love to watch UND take down ndsu in the National Championship game.

Who said we have to get worse? Can't imagine anyone not a troll going there. We need to strive to become the best.

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Who said we have to get worse? Can't imagine anyone not a troll going there. We need to strive to become the best.

Try comprehending what I wrote. I did NOT say UND has to get worse. What I said was why do they (NDSU) have to get worse for UND to get better.

btw aren't you the one who doesn't know loose from lose? Or is it taugt from thought?

Suggest that you read with more comprehension and maybe make a practice oF proofreading what you write before you post

At Bozoville, Tony posted his list of grievances that he has against people and events that harmed his football team.  What a totally ungracious and unthankful fan base, even after five FCS championships.  Listing grievances instead of reasons for thankfulness. That collection of derelict fans south of us  has got to be the most pagan and self serving collection of fans anywhere west of the the child sodomist approving Penn St gang and north of Tuscaloosa serial cheaters.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, zonadub said:

Try comprehending what I wrote. I did NOT say UND has to get worse. What I said was why do they (NDSU) have to get worse for UND to get better.

My bad.

We need to strive to become the best.  In the mean time, I'm not going to cheer for NDSU to win in the near future for reasons mentioned earlier.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

At Bozoville, Tony posted his list of grievances that he has against people and events that harmed his football team.  What a totally ungracious and unthankful fan base, even after five FCS championships.  Listing grievances instead of reasons for thankfulness. That collection of derelict fans south of us  has got to be the most pagan and self serving collection of fans anywhere west of the the child sodomist approving Penn St gang and north of Tuscaloosa serial cheaters.

That Bizon thread is really pathetic. One of the worst I've run across.

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

You apparently don’t get it.

75972CEA-96F0-4C6D-81C3-9D8D8DF02102.jpeg

19 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Had to stop reading it after they blamed Roger Thomas for single handedly reducing the scholarships in the 1980’s to equal the playing field. Only if UND had less scholarships than NDSU would that be possible, which they didn’t. Idiots!! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

Had to stop reading it after they blamed Roger Thomas for single handedly reducing the scholarships in the 1980’s to equal the playing field. Only if UND had less scholarships than NDSU would that be possible, which they didn’t. Idiots!! 

Cutting scholarships certainly levels the playing field.  That's undeniable.  Not sure it's fair to blame any particular individual though.

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

That is one of the oldest excuses in the book. Rocky "Knucklehead" Hager loves to bring that one up.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, JohnboyND7 said:

Cutting scholarships certainly levels the playing field.  That's undeniable.  Not sure it's fair to blame any particular individual though.

Recruits generally go to the most competitive school that offers them a scholarship. If you cut scholarships to all schools, some of the top players that would otherwise have accepted offers from top-level schools will end up at lower-level schools. This will tend to benefit lower-level schools at the expense of top--level schools.  It ain't rocket science.

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

So NDSU lost their advantage to beat up on schools who couldn't offer as many scholarships (which is a group that didn't include UND) and couldn't beat them after that? I have never got the uproar from NDSU fans. They couldn't win anymore because they couldn't outspending the bottom half of the NCC anymore (not taking into account some "extras" they still managed to do) and somehow that is the reason for their downfall? I get the talent being spread out part, that is completely logical. But the argument basically means NDSU's only advantage was money because once that was reduced, they weren't as competitive. 

The fact that it somehow continues to be blamed on UND is pretty funny and unfounded from everything I've read, but facts aren't exactly required when trying to blame UND for another problem down south.

Actually, I'm not blaming anything on UND. I highly doubt UND would have favored cutting scholarships in the first place. IMO, UND was one of the teams that, in the long-run, stood to be hurt by reducing DII scholarships.

I was just pointing out that those who say that the NCAA reducing DII scholarships did not hurt teams like NDSU are wrong regardless of who may have been behind it.

4 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Actually, I'm not blaming anything on UND. I highly doubt UND would have favored cutting scholarships in the first place. IMO, UND was one of the teams that, in the long-run, stood to be hurt by reducing DII scholarships.

I was just pointing out that those who say that the NCAA reducing DII scholarships did not hurt teams like NDSU are wrong regardless of who may have been behind it.

That comment was more vague and not directed at you specifically. I've heard the argument for years how UND was behind it and from some of the previous posts, that thought is still going strong. I agree with your assessment that UND wouldn't have been supportive of it.

I also agree that while it hurt NDSU, basing the entire lull (relatively speaking) that NDSU had on the scholarship reductions means they were only as successful as they were due to outspending everyone. Obviously some parity was expected to a point, but there were more than just scholarship reductions behind the change. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

..........anyone want to change their answer?

No.

Im not going to hope for the FCS to become less competitive. To wish for NDSU to regress actually implies you want FCS football to become less relevant. 

NDSU, whether we like it or not, has elevated FCS football to a caliber and reputation it's never been at before. 

UND football needs to match that caliber or forever be considered a mid- to low-tier program. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On the surface, it appears that SDSU should have a very good chance to beat JMU this weekend. If they then face the Bison in Frisco, they have a winning record against NDSU this year to build on. What better time to make it a sweep for the season?

This is what UND should aspire to... Beating the Bison at the top.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:50 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

No.

Im not going to hope for the FCS to become less competitive. To wish for NDSU to regress actually implies you want FCS football to become less relevant. 

NDSU, whether we like it or not, has elevated FCS football to a caliber and reputation it's never been at before. 

UND football needs to match that caliber or forever be considered a mid- to low-tier program. 

Another factor is FCS programs moving up to FBS and thus weakening FCS. Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, Marshall and other schools used to be big-time players in FCS. That has left a void, a void I would like UND to help fill.

• Upvote 2

I hate to say it, but every time I see the Bison piss-pound someone in the playoffs I get more frustrated with Bubba's lack of action after last season.  If he thinks he can win at this level with Rudolph calling the plays then maybe he isn't the man for the job.  

• Upvote 3