SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Broncos - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Anyone else having issues with the NCHC.tv broadcasts? Every game that I watch a replay of or watch live there is a couple seconds of video that is jerky. It happens every couple minutes or so. I’ve tried it on different media devices and on different internet connections and still have the same problem. 

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Jones just does so much.  On the ice for three of the four goals, kills penalties, and you never have to question the kids battle level.....ever.  

He is the first half MVP in my book.  Keep him with Gersich and Mismash and let Pogo and Rhett bounce some bodies with JJ.  

JONES!     That's called an above the table B1G league steeeeeaaaaaal. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, #33 said:

Anyone else having issues with the NCHC.tv broadcasts? Every game that I watch a replay of or watch live there is a couple seconds of video that is jerky. It happens every couple minutes or so. I’ve tried it on different media devices and on different internet connections and still have the same problem. 

We had issues all weekend with the Apple TV app. Sound would be quiet then loud then none and ahead of the picture.  The feed was constantly 45 seconds to a minute behind live action. 

12 hours ago, #33 said:

Yeah I have the same issue with a brand new Roku Ultra wired into 120mbps internet. It's more of a small stutter periodically. Image quality never wavers from highest though. No other app behaves this way, and no other app has as much of a delay from live. But it's not enough for me to complain. I'm sure it'll improve. The apps are still relatively new, and I'm not sure if they make any mid-season adjustments.

Great series for UND. I was surprised that it wasn't nearly as chippy as Friday, but I'd attribute that to good coaching. UND was the aggressor all night, and finished strong. Great preparation for SCSU.

1 hour ago, Siouxperior said:

Only issue I had with NCHC.TV were very occasional 1 sec pauses which could easily have been something on my end.

Regarding the above comment, this is running through a browser on a laptop -> HDMI -> TV. It also has significant delay from live. Overall, very high quality.

Cole Smith has become my favorite player.   Last night I observed him basically run into an opponent, normally would have just been 2 players skating away from an incidental contact (puck was near, but neither seemed to be checking the other).  But Cole just extended his arms and put the other guy on his butt.   He is just that strong.  Unfortunately he will likely be in the same boat as Joe Finley.  Joe got a lot of elbowing penalties because anyone that bent a knee had their head at his elbow level.  Cole will likely draw a few penalties for being a brick sheethouse that pushes back.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:08 PM, Wilbur said:

Keep him with Gersich and Mismash and let Pogo and Rhett bounce some bodies with JJ.  

What about the poster that didn't like the combo of 14 and 22 playing together?  Did this weekend change your opinion?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

What about the poster that didn't like the combo of 14 and 22 playing together?  Did this weekend change your opinion?

I'll include 29 into the conversation with 22 of players a lot of posters didn't think were any good. The people getting on 29 a month into his college career were ridiculous, let the guy settle in. I think 22 has been awesome for some time. He might not be the conventional #1 Center, but he's solid. It's nice to see 29 start to get more comfortable with the game. Still pretty snake bitten, but he'll be a scorer for this team sooner than later.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'll include 29 into the conversation with 22 of players a lot of posters didn't think were any good. The people getting on 29 a month into his college career were ridiculous, let the guy settle in. I think 22 has been awesome for some time. He might not be the conventional #1 Center, but he's solid. It's nice to see 29 start to get more comfortable with the game. Still pretty snake bitten, but he'll be a scorer for this team sooner than later.

I like 22, I just didn’t like him on a line with 19. 

As for 29... I felt like too much was thrown at him that he wasn’t quite ready for as far as throwing him up on the top 2 lines to start the season.  I like him in a 3rd/4th line role at the moment and that he could have a larger impact in the second half and into next season. 

45 minutes ago, AJS said:

So many of us, me included,  have preconceived notions on who is going to make an immediate impact on the team from year to year.  We were all talking Kawaguchi and Mismash, but few were touting Nick Jones.  The fact that he is one that has received rave reviews goes to show that getting high end talent doesn't always mean production, especially if they don't stay long.  This isn't just something unique to this year either.  How many times have we been surprised by guys hardly talked about while we lament the lack of production of those with high expectations.  While Josh Reiger isn't putting up the numbers, I am sure many of us are pleasantly surprised by what he brings to the team.  

• Like 1