Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
AZSIOUX

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Broncos - FRIDAY Gameday

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, SiouxTupa said:

I'm surprised how wide open that game was. WMU used to play a lot tighter, more like we saw last week. It was fun to watch, but there were a lot of dangerous hits on both sides. Since Western was so passive in the kill early, UND was able to setup some pretty sweet looking plays. 

Adams reminds me a bit of Caggiula. Not the same motor, but an elite shot, and clutch scoring. As with a couple other freshmen this year, he could be a great four-year college player. Kawaguchi appears to be catching up to the game as well. 

I think Adams and kawaguchi are ahead of where cags was as a freshy. If they develop at the same rate as he did we'll be lucky to keep them all 4 years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Someone figured those two out last season, they (screen names) are the same person.

And then it was funny when they would quote each other and have conversations together.  :)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

Someone figured those two out last season, they (screen names) are the same person.

Yeah, it's pretty clear. Some people's kids lol. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, brianvf said:

And then it was funny when they would quote each other and have conversations together.  :)

My dad always told me it's no big deal if you talk to yourself just as long as you don't talk back haha.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SiouxCrioux1 said:

The biggest problem I have with it is that Pogo took a hit 10 times worse on the blue line around the 9 min mark in the 1st and no call. The inconsistency of the reffing these last couple of games is getting more pathetic each week. 

How the hit on Pogo wasn't a penalty is beyond me. Not only was it worse then the Dipietro hit, it was also worse then the Cole Smith major against Denver in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

This is so funny... double trolls? Or.... 1 troll?... Yeah, you and that other dude joined the same day. Sorry guy. 

That's funny when someone can't have a differing opinion without being lit up and being labeled a troll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Siouxhawkey said:

That's funny when someone can't have a differing opinion without being lit up and being labeled a troll.

Nope. Good try. There's plenty of differing opinions on here every day. But, most aren't from trolls, which you happen to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Siouxhawkey said:

That's funny when someone can't have a differing opinion without being lit up and being labeled a troll.

Since evidently you aren't getting enough of this from friends, family, a significant other or society in general....

DMjekZrVwAETaa5.jpg

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the replay of the hit. Gardner stuck his leg out and tripped him. You can see Gardner's leg move when it hits the Western Michigan guy. The WMU guy layed on the ice to sell it. Blatant. Trip. Let's all take off our homer glasses.

Go hawks.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UNDHawks4life said:

Just watched the replay of the hit. Gardner stuck his leg out and tripped him. You can see Gardner's leg move when it hits the Western Michigan guy. The WMU guy layed on the ice to sell it. Blatant. Trip. Let's all take off our homer glasses.

Go hawks.

Here's some for you, too! Wait... sorry... here's your seconds 

DMjekZrVwAETaa5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNDHawks4life said:

Just watched the replay of the hit. Gardner stuck his leg out and tripped him. You can see Gardner's leg move when it hits the Western Michigan guy. The WMU guy layed on the ice to sell it. Blatant. Trip. Let's all take off our homer glasses.

Go hawks.

 Take a look at the view from the other direction that shows there was zero contact.  Nice try troll. Anyone have the view from literally two seconds after the end of trolls video? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, snova4 said:

 Take a look at the view from the other direction that shows there was zero contact.  Nice try troll. Anyone have the view from literally two seconds after the end of trolls video? 

There was contact but it was shoulder elbow contact, not shin on shin. And not contact that would make the WM guy act like he just got shot, IF he’s a good skater he brushes that off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2017 at 8:29 AM, snova4 said:

 only delusional one is you.  There was zero contact below the waist, and barely contact at the shoulder.  Complete dive, yet here I am feeding the troll. 

Yea no contact at all. Sorry for being such a troll guys! The guy dove but you can see how in real time they have to call this, right?

videotogif_2017.12.05_14.34.00.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, UNDHawks4life said:

Yea no contact at all. Sorry for being such a troll guys! The guy dove but you can see how in real time they have to call this, right?

videotogif_2017.12.05_14.34.00.gif

From all I've seen, the right call would have been to give them both 2. 

Although it has always seemed a little illogical to call both the diver and the other player on the same hit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, burd said:

From all I've seen, the right call would have been to give them both 2. 

Although it has always seemed a little illogical to call both the diver and the other player on the same hit. 

i don't really see calling both as illogical, the penalty happened, call it.   the dramatic side show happened, call it...   to be clear in cases where there is no original penalty then embellishment would be stand alone.  Has that ever happened? a stand alone embellishment call...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, UNDHawks4life said:

It was 1000000% shin to shin trip. Absolutely one of the most blatant penalties you can call. Did the guy stay on the ice at the end to sell the call? Sure. Does that make it less of a penalty though?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

2 minute trip.  Nothing dirty.  

Careful, you’re going to upset people excluding me..... 2 min for Rhett and 2 min for the western wouse for acting like he got shot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

i don't really see calling both as illogical, the penalty happened, call it.   the dramatic side show happened, call it...   to be clear in cases where there is no original penalty then embellishment would be stand alone.  Has that ever happened? a stand alone embellishment call...

By illogical I meant that if the original hit/hook/trip was real, some degree of fakery does not really embellish unless it turns a legit 2 to a 5.   But a faked trip or hook  does embellish if it gets a 2.   Does that make any sense?  

But you're right:  the ref has to call embellishment if he sees it, regardless of whether the hit/trip/hook was a legit penalty.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UNDHawks4life said:

Yea no contact at all. Sorry for being such a troll guys! The guy dove but you can see how in real time they have to call this, right?

videotogif_2017.12.05_14.34.00.gif

 As i said before, the other angle that was shown multiple times, shows no contact. There looks like there's contact on this because of the angle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×