SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Broncos - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

8 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This may have been the worst officiated game I have ever seen. And I am sick of Andy Murray's b!tching and moaning over every call that doesn't go his way.

Let's sweep these punks tomorrow. :angry:

Don’t you let Marco Hunt off that easily!! ;)

Don't recall at the Ralph ever seeing such a sh*t show in officiating in the final 3 minutes of a game from taking away a goal to then putting that same team down 2 men. I'm never suprised anymore with the NCHC officiating. It is consistently inconsistent.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

From a spectator standpoint last night's game was a 180 in entertainment value compared to last weekend's clutch/grab/interference fest vs. Union.

It was fun to watch.   I do think the waived goal was a fair call.   If it had been WMU's goal, I would have been calling for it to be waived off.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, snova4 said:

only delusional one is you.  There was zero contact below the waist, and barely contact at the shoulder.  Complete dive, yet here I am feeding the troll. 

I am with undhawks4life,  until I see another replay of it I think it was a dirty play,  I wasn't expecting to come on the site after the game and see so many people thinking there was no contact, so I would have to see it again. From what I saw on tv I saw contact with the legs.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Siouxhawkey said:

I am with undhawks4life,  until I see another replay of it I think it was a dirty play,  I wasn't expecting to come on the site after the game and see so many people thinking there was no contact, so I would have to see it again. From what I saw on tv I saw contact with the legs.

I was at the game......zero contact. Replay showed zero contact. TH and crew on post game radio all said zero contact. Believe what you want but it was total embellishment.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

I was at the game......zero contact. Replay showed zero contact. TH and crew on post game radio all said zero contact. Believe what you want but it was total embellishment.

Just because you were at the game doesn't mean you had a better view of the play,  and like has been said before let's see a replay and end the debate.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, Siouxhawkey said:

I am with fightinghawks4life,  until I see another replay of it I think it was a dirty play,  I wasn't expecting to come on the site after the game and see so many people thinking there was no contact, so I would have to see it again. From what I saw on tv I saw contact with the legs.

The only way I could see this as a possibility is if you watched it live, then immediately shut off the tv before they showed the replay multiple times. I can agree that live it looked bad, until you see the replay where it's not possible to conclude there was any contact with the legs. It was a very good dive, Garnder's elbow clipped him.  

Just now, Siouxhawkey said:

Just because you were at the game doesn't mean you had a better view of the play,  and like has been said before let's see a replay and end the debate.

:tinfoilhat:

..........ok.

3 minutes ago, Siouxhawkey said:

We did see the replay, I am a little confused with the no-contact crowd. Zero contact to the legs, but it did look like Garnders elbow clipped him in the side. 

Edit: And by side, it was more the WMU player was already slightly passed him, so it would have been side / back. That being said, I'd need to see a different angle, because it's possible there was no contact as Garnders elbow would have just skimmed him from what it looked like on the replay. 

28 minutes ago, burd said:

It was fun to watch.   I do think the waived goal was a fair call.   If it had been WMU's goal, I would have been calling for it to be waived off.  

Exactly, have no problem with the disallowed goal.

This appeared to be a classic make sure the PP's are even at the end type game. Some seem to have a short memory when talking about officials and poorly called games. The problem is as a group I don't want UND fans to look like the "refs are always against us" type crowd. IMO there was a huge difference between last night and Saturday in Denver (and pretty much any game in UND history and Saturday night in Denver). Brandt did say it with about 10 left when UND couldn't capitalize, you knew the next time the refs could, they were going to call something on UND, which I understood. Kind of snow balled from there, thought the call on Shaw was weak, but the next one of Wolanin was definitely a hold. Then of course the dive at the end, which at full speed, you can't blame the refs, given the sell job by WMU.

Overall, great win by UND, I know it's still December, but tonights game has huge implications. WMU is a good team and UND doesn't travel to the Zoo this year, a sweep would go very far in the overall picture of the year. The NCHC is tough, need to sweep at home. 

6 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Everyone knew DiPietro didn't get touched at his knee/thigh where he was grabbing. He even acted like he was hit in the head too.

Since he didn't feel anything, he had to guess at what the referees might have thought they had seen,  so had to feign injury to every body part.  His writhing on the ice made it look like serious internal injury occured. These referees have to look closely at the tape postgame and target these morons in future games. The WMU bench didn't look concerned,  they must have known what was up

• Upvote 1