Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
AZSIOUX

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Union - FRIDAY Gameday

Recommended Posts

I'm a little nervous about this one. I feel like we are the better team, but I'm going to be very annoyed if we don't come out firing. 

I get that the students won't be there, but we've gotta be ready to go.

UND wins, but it's tight.

3-2

Pogo, Wooly, Mash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm a little nervous about this one. I feel like we are the better team, but I'm going to be very annoyed if we don't come out firing. 

I get that the students won't be there, but we've gotta be ready to go.

UND wins, but it's tight.

3-2

Pogo, Wooly, Mash

I feel the student section has been dead all year pretty much so I don’t know if I’d consider that a big factor. 

*shrugs* 

That said, I really don’t know what to expect. Day after Thanksgiving home games have been awful lately. That said, I’ll be there... with my beer, hoping for a W. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black Friday....Red Pepper

Tonight: 2-0 Shutout win today for the Home Team - I get the flatness that could result following Denver but Saturday night was a loss and I don't know if this team loses back to back a whole lot this year.  I'll be there loud and proud.

Tomorrow: 2-2 Tie

Big four games coming up in December vs. the Broncos and Huskies - a good chance to position one's self well in the NCHC heading into the New Year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Any guesses who will play goalie?

My instinct tells me that if Cam is ready to go, Thome will play tonight and Cam on Saturday night to give him a game prior to some big NCHC games coming up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I feel the student section has been dead all year pretty much so I don’t know if I’d consider that a big factor. 

*shrugs* 

That said, I really don’t know what to expect. Day after Thanksgiving home games have been awful lately. That said, I’ll be there... with my beer, hoping for a W. 

Yeah, I feel ya. But, when that place is rocking, it's a factor. With that said, UND needs to get rolling and not even make us consider the crowd being a factor. As it always goes, if we play well, the crowd gets into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

My instinct tells me that if Cam is ready to go, Thome will play tonight and Cam on Saturday night to give him a game prior to some big NCHC games coming up.

 

I'd actually flip that. Want to get Cam in and get us the W on the front end of the series. But, I guess we'll see. Thome has been good, but I felt like he played a little rough against DU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'd actually flip that. Want to get Cam in and get us the W on the front end of the series. But, I guess we'll see. Thome has been good, but I felt like he played a little rough against DU. 

Unfortunately he did get exposed a little on his tendency to over-commit leaving wide open nets on the backside. I'm sure it'll improve as he matures but I'd think teams will key in on that.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Unfortunately he did get exposed a little on his tendency to over-commit leaving wide open nets on the backside. I'm sure it'll improve as he matures but I'd think teams will key in on that.

Yup. Was a little bit all over the place sliding side-to-side. Cam did the same thing as a freshie... Brad Eidness did the same thing his whole career haha. Thome will figure it out, but I'd like to see Cam back in net ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During the Gopher series I thought the student section was great. Kind of like the old days. Being none of them had experienced that kind of game and atmosphere, I thought maybe they would want to continue it as they realized how fun it can be. Then came the Miami series. Pfffftt.... I blame it on cell phones.:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol I don't understand why this is so upsetting every time. 

Team should be a little upset, especially when Berry notes we haven't won on Black Friday for over 5 years.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol I don't understand why this is so upsetting every time. 

Upsetting? Not at all..........but it's obvious the limb is about a foot long! ;)

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I feel the student section has been dead all year pretty much so I don’t know if I’d consider that a big factor. 

*shrugs* 

That said, I really don’t know what to expect. Day after Thanksgiving home games have been awful lately. That said, I’ll be there... with my beer, hoping for a W. 

As long as the same refs from last week aren’t reffing, they’re probly out spending their raises they got 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sioux sweep.  We played pretty well last weekend, except for the first 10 minutes Friday.  I think we will see a strong confident team tonight, regardless of who is in goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×