SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Union - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

12 hours ago, Irish said:

Not on the ledge - frustrated, yes.  I just didn't see much skill tonight, especially with the puck.  They were  brutal. And I am not advocating a BU approach, more of a 2016 Sioux approach.  

When you are outhustled and outworked like we were last night, it doesn't really matter how much skill your team has.

49 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

22 should be third line center,no way is he top six.

On this team, he is, because we don’t have an influx of skilled top 6 centers, unfortunately.

Look at our centers: Gardner, Jones, Hoff, Bowen, Simonson. Not a lot of top 6 guys there. 

Gardner has basically played a top 6 role since he got here because he wins face offs. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

On this team, he is, because we don’t have an influx of skilled top 6 centers, unfortunately.

Look at our centers: Gardner, Jones, Hoff, Bowen, Simonson. Not a lot of top 6 guys there. 

Of those 5 guys he's our 4th line centerman IMO if all 5 are healthy.

If it weren't for our freshmen this team would be awful. No upper class leadership when it comes to point production. Last night there was no leadership from the upper classmen as far as effort goes. Bubs looked pretty pissed in the post-game interview. I would hope they get their !@#$ together tonight.... 

Just now, scpa0305 said:

Gardner is a top six C on this team.  It would be nice to get some of the guys back tonight.  Also, Berry needs to blow up the lines. The gersich mismash Rhett line doesn’t work.

Yup. Every other line has changed in the past few weeks either by injury or other reason, except that one. 

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Gardner is a top six C on this team.  It would be nice to get some of the guys back tonight.  Also, Berry needs to blow up the lines. The gersich mismash Rhett line doesn’t work.

I just want to see Gersich-Jones-adams, and Pogo-Rhett-Mismash tried.....just try it.....:lol:

• Upvote 3