SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Roster

bincitysioux

11 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Glad to hear Gordon has stuck it out and worked hard this season on the scout team.  Says something about his attitude...................

I follow Askew on Twitter and he's been very complementary to Gordon's effort.

4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

What would be wrong with recruiting the suspended Bison's Engel? After reading his dad's comment to the Forum, he probably already has him reprogramed? That guy can really block for being a WR, lot's of potential for the FourHorseMan.

Probably a PR nightmare, but I agree the kid definitely had talent. I fail to believe he wouldn't contribute on the field, but I'm wouldn't expect to see it happen.

16 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

FourHorseMan, we have to make that work for us somehow next year. Way tooooo much talent to not take advantage of and exicute properly. That responsiblity will be on the COACHES.

In my opinion, at least two of the four should be on the field for every single offensive play. Which two? Doesn't matter. Have to find a way to get our best players on the field more often.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Don't know anything about him, but a soph. LB just announced that he's leaving the Gophers and transferring.  Not that we need LB's or anything:)..........

He's a big boy. If he's any good we should get JJ and Kostich on the phone to him. 

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jaylen_waters_950241.html

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

He's a big boy. If he's any good we should get JJ and Kostich on the phone to him. 

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jaylen_waters_950241.html

Since he's only got 2 years of eligibility left, he's likely going to be an FCS guy.  I would guess that he'll be heading back to Texas for one of the many schools, but he may look good on our two deep with Rodgers, Larson and Hunt. I'm guessing we have been/will be in contact to check on any interest.

Other FCS destinations could be in the MVFC, such as Missouri State, Southern Illinois, continue the pipeline of UM transfer to USD, etc.

1 hour ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Don't know anything about him, but a soph. LB just announced that he's leaving the Gophers and transferring.  Not that we need LB's or anything:)..........

Hell,  if Minot State or the University of Mary announced players were leaving, I think UND should consider recruiting them ...

Of course I'm exaggerating but I honestly think all FBS dropdowns that play QB, OL, LB, or DB should be considered by UND (especially those with good character from Big 10 schools). UND desperately needs talent at those four position groups. 

On 12/1/2017 at 2:40 PM, SiouxBoys said:

In my opinion, at least two of the four should be on the field for every single offensive play. Which two? Doesn't matter. 

Um, yes it does.
Two are proven to have good receiving hands (5, 22). 

One of them and one of the other pair at all times. 

Keep a receiving threat always available and look for match-up issues (LB on 22 or small DB on 5). 

Family member recruited for Sioux....one of the positions mentioned as key and not enough depth... therecwere TWELVEin that position(s)..... our thoughts... will he ever be on the field?

that was depth and it showed on the field.... everyone listened, attended practice, and gave 100% becausecsomeone just as qualified, or almost, would take your place