SiouxSports.com Forum

Bob Stitt out at Montana

Colter_Nuanez

19 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

The Montana team that Stitt took over wasn't quite the same team that Mussman left Bubba with.

In year 3 with the Griz he gets fired after going 7-4. In year 4 with UND Bubba goes 3-8. He'll be back as will his whole staff.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

In year 3 with the Griz he gets fired after going 7-4. In year 4 with UND Bubba goes 3-8. He'll be back as will his whole staff.

Stitt's ass has been on the line since losing to a terrible MSU team last year. This was his make or break year, and they failed to make the playoffs and lost to MSU again. This next season is Bubba's make or break year. The difference in the two year difference between make or break seasons is, again, the difference between the team Stitt took over for and the team Bubba took over for.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yes, that whole "changing coaches every 3 years" thing that Montana has been doing seems to be working well for them.  

Let's adopt that model............

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Yes, that whole "changing coaches every 3 years" thing that Montana has been doing seems to be working well for them.  

Let's adopt that model............

Not suggesting that but Bubba could try beating Montana or EWU at some point (0-5) in the next 2 years. Ironic the only season UND doesn't play either and they are co-champs of BS.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Stitt's ass has been on the line since losing to a terrible MSU team last year. This was his make or break year, and they failed to make the playoffs and lost to MSU again. This next season is Bubba's make or break year. The difference in the two year difference between make or break seasons is, again, the difference between the team Stitt took over for and the team Bubba took over for.

I was told the Griz have a football oversight committee, probably a few schmucks plus the big money guy.  Info I heard was anything short of 1 play-off win and he was toast.  That info seemed to be pretty good.  Reason for the committee.......helps when the AD doesn't know squat about football and keeps a pulse on donations. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Seriously. They were not good. We were !@#$ and were right with them.

Not disagreeing but my math still shows 7-4 >>> 3-8.

Montana fired a coach at 7-4 with a winning percentage of .667 while he was there. 

......... different expectations at different schools lead to different decisions.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Did you read the very next sentence after the one you bolded? 

Yup........I have season tickets. I sat thru a few of those s*** shows. I know UND was absolutely atrocious. BTW a 41-17 loss hardly counts as "were right with them" IMO.

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yup........I have season tickets. I sat thru a few of those s*** shows. I know UND was absolutely atrocious. BTW a 41-17 loss hardly counts as "were right with them" IMO.

Tell me how the 1st half went, then.  I don't think you watched.  Our D forced 3 turnovers and if we had a shred of offense, Studsrud or Zimmer, we lead the game by at least 14.  Get it now?

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Hense the word were. That game was tight for a while which is a complete joke if you look at our first half offense.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Hense the word were. That game was tight for a while which is a complete joke if you look at our first half offense.

But when your entire narrative is that we ONLY consider the score and never consider injuries or anything else, then we have proper grounds to argue that 

a. most of us fans have low expectations if

b. we don't seek a new HC after the season.

Get it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Tell me how the 1st half went, then.  I don't think you watched.  Our D forced 3 turnovers and if we had a shred of offense, Studsrud or Zimmer, we lead the game by at least 14.  Get it now?

I agree Gundy, UND would've been in the game with better quarterback play. Unfortunately, I don't know if UND could've won with the way the defensive backs were playing on 50/50 balls. Part of it is the scheme of course with them isolated down the field, but man, Stitt's vertical offense sure puts pressure on UND's cover 0 defense (in the 2 contests of Bubba vs Stitt that we saw).