SiouxSports.com Forum

UND partners with Addidas for department wide athletic wear deal

NoDakFan

6 minutes ago, streetsahead said:

So what does this mean for hockey jerseys? CCM was sold by Adidas in July.  Will they go back to RBK (owned by Adidas) or will they be Adidas branded like the new NHL jerseys?

Since Adidas does the NHL hockey jerseys, I would suspect that we will see Adidas hockey jerseys.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I predict adidas will take the earth-shattering, ground-breaking, radical step of using the same font for the letters and numbers on the hockey jerseys (and nothing else will change from the 2017-18 design). 

Notre Dame has a pretty similar color scheme. I'm thinking something more progressive. 

NrSFCFV.jpg

Those Notre Dame uni’s are a perfect example of the utter non sense that being an Adidas School a Times has been. I haven’t been sold on out WBB uni’s this year. However, the shoes  that Sica posted is a classic look that forever works.  I’m hoping for classic looks, that are time tested. 

Since they aren’t writing a check to UND, i remain somewhat unconvinced that this was all entirely necessary but knowing our budget...  Every little bit of savings helps so I’m willing to see how it goes.  Please coaching staffs look at some of the hideous Louisville, Wisconsin, Notre Dame etc...uniforms offerings from years past and at the very least try not let happen to your program.

24 minutes ago, the green team said:

Those Notre Dame uni’s are a perfect example of the utter non sense that being an Adidas School a Times has been. I haven’t been sold on out WBB uni’s this year. However, the shoes  that Sica posted is a classic look that forever works.  I’m hoping for classic looks, that are time tested. 

Since they aren’t writing a check to UND, i remain somewhat unconvinced that this was all entirely necessary but knowing our budget...  Every little bit of savings helps so I’m willing to see how it goes.  Please coaching staffs look at some of the hideous Louisville, Wisconsin, Notre Dame etc...uniforms offerings from years past and at the very least try not let happen to your program.

Adidas has some really sharp basketball shoes these days. The Hardins in particular. 

Louisville formerly was only a basketball school, but now is a power in nearly every sport they offer.  Adidas had a lot to do with their rise, spending ten of millions and helping them funnel booster money to facilities while Adidas money took care of coaches contracts and operational issues like paying prostitutes.

Well, I’m assuming they wrote the covering of prostitutes fees into the contract.  At least i hope they did. That seems like an obvious inclusion...although not sure what the options are for quality in our area.  Even better Adidas even covers ones that are in from out of town.

Also, this is a very big plus and may come in handy as well.  If for some reason you have a problem with a lady official refereeing your game you tell Adidas...Tell them to remind her to “stay in her lane” and from what I’ve read...Adidas will have her promptly removed from the game.

12 hours ago, the green team said:

UND can still dictate the uniform design. I doubt the UND traditionalists that head the programs will ever sign off on anything so modern and weird looking. 

• 4 weeks later...