SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Union (Thanksgiving Edition)

fightingsioux4life

That Union team was the best team that year, and they proved it in the final.  I don't think you will see a better national title game performance by a player than what Ghostisbehere or however you spell it put on.  

I cheered for Union like they were the Sioux that night. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That Union team was the best team that year, and they proved it in the final.  I don't think you will see a better national title game performance by a player than what Ghostisbehere or however you spell it put on.  

I cheered for Union like they were the Sioux that night. 

I once told a buddy of mine that if the 1980 Soviet Olympic team reunited for a game against the Gophers, I'd buy a ticket and cheer like mad for those red commie b*st*rds!  

• Upvote 4

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 12:34 PM, Dave Berger said:

If he makes the trip, it will be a homecoming of sorts for Union freshman forward Taylor Brierley (East Grand Forks, Minnesota). Brierley is 21 years old after spending three years combined between the NAHL (Minnesota Magicians) and USHL (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders, Dubuque Fighting Saints) but has yet to appear in a game this season. It is unclear whether he will travel with the team.

Dave

Per Schloss, Brierley is still injured and will not make the trip home for Thanksgiving.

Dave

2 hours ago, Dave Berger said:

I like their approach. They've firmly set themselves as the underdog.

Let's make them feel that way when they leave on Saturday night.

• Upvote 1

On 11/19/2017 at 3:36 PM, cberkas said:

The two times I saw Union play they didn't look good at all. This weekend should be a sweep.

Think the players thought the same thing! Didn't someone say that against Anchorage in October as well? Bottom line is you can get beat by any team period! I think their coach said the same thing last year as ours did this year, they weren't ready to play.