SiouxSports.com Forum

Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

fightingsioux4life

2 hours ago, shep said:

Bama lost yesterday and may be out of the football playoff (though it should be 8 not 4 teams) and part of their lack of dominance on D this year is that 4 of their top LB's have been injured.

Just saying....injuries suck

And Auburn never hurts themselves in the innovation department, also a factor.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, shep said:

Bama lost yesterday and may be out of the football playoff (though it should be 8 not 4 teams) and part of their lack of dominance on D this year is that 4 of their top LB's have been injured.

Just saying....injuries suck

Alabama has several injuries and now has *a single loss* ... well, this scenario certainly now justifies UND's implosion of 2017.

I completely get it now.

• Upvote 1

On 11/25/2017 at 1:52 PM, jdub27 said:

This is a pretty serious accusation and for the record, far from anything I've heard. If Bubba had serious concerns about players on the team, he doesn't need to go to the AD to handle them. I also don't see a scenario where they are "treading water" for another 2 months until a new AD is hired. He's responsible for his locker room. 

Everyone knows Bubba is responsible for his locker room, but wait, he does have a boss, and the flagship U does have a president........    I'll ask then, -- did you and Bubba know that the FB team was going to have 3 drug related arrests this year before those players were busted.??? ------   Far from anything I've heard at the time, I was surprised.

Do you think the police arrests purified our team? Maybe not, players that weren't injured didn't dress for some games. Why?   Why?   Why?       There could still be a number of challenges with some of the players, some of which are questionable or even unrecognized as such yet. Are players dropping character hints, regarding other players, to the coaches? This gets to be very complicated. MamaSue brings up very serious concerns and difficulty in the process

Division between some of the players sets in.

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Agree, big challenge for the coaches. How do they draw that line in the sand?

Not going to be easy, pretty entrenched behavior with some guys and had become part of the “culture” of the team.  Must be a lot of uncertainty in the locker room...drug testing?  I am sure Kennedy is somewhat involved.

17 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Alabama has several injuries and now has *a single loss* ... well, this scenario certainly now justifies UND's implosion of 2017.

I completely get it now.

I bet you don't.

The expectation in Bama is winning a National Title every year. They may not make the playoffs because of this loss which I believe is attributed to the fact the D was without key players.

Of course, Bama's injuries do not justify UND's implosion, but UND not reaching it's expectations is a bit easier to comprehend. 

For some.

3 minutes ago, shep said:

I bet you don't.

The expectation in Bama is winning a National Title every year. They may not make the playoffs because of this loss which I believe is attributed to the fact the D was without key players.

Of course, Bama's injuries do not justify UND's implosion, but UND not reaching it's expectations is a bit easier to comprehend. 

For some.

Even If i buy into the injuries caused the 3-8 season excuse, the reasons I am frustrated with Bubba are his continued endorsement of the worst offensive scheme and play selection I have ever seen and (from what I can tell) poor team culture.  Had he taken action with the O coordinator I would at least feel that he "gets it".  Now, I'm not so sure he isn't the problem.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, shep said:

I bet you don't.

For some.

The margin of error in FBS is pretty slim. Alabama(11-1) potentially not making the playoffs has no FCS comparison. They let 6-5 times in the FCS playoffs lol

• Upvote 2

On 11/25/2017 at 12:09 PM, Csonked Out said:

it really is a simple fix, we need adequate QB play. Studsrud was inconsistent and inaccurate, his graduating is a good thing as it will force change. I liked what I saw from Zimmerman personally.

Studs had a good year until he got injured. That really effected his play and he was never the same. Better play calling would have helped too.....

On 11/24/2017 at 9:08 PM, bincitysioux said:

On December 23rd, 2013 when Schwiegert was announced as head coach, did you at that point expect that UND would run the table in the Big Sky Conference and earn a playoff seed just three short seasons later?

I sure didn't.  He's moved things along faster than I expected.  I maintain this season was an anomaly and we will see more improvement next season................

It's time for Bubba to take the next step and find a new OC to lead us to the championship level.

2 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

The margin of error in FBS is pretty slim. Alabama(11-1) potentially not making the playoffs has no FCS comparison. They let 6-5 times in the FCS playoffs lol

My point is that we expected this team to make a run in the playoffs. 

Bama's expectation is to win the FBS. Injuries had an impact in their possible failure to make it. 

That's the only comparison I can make with these teams.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Studs had a good year until he got injured. That really effected his play and he was never the same. Better play calling would have helped too.....

He wasn't very good at all, inaccurate as usual and only 8 td passes all year compared to 11 picks. He simply misses too many throws he should be making on a weekly basis. I have been waiting for a guy who can complete around 65% of his passes, simply wasn't a fan of Keaton.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Csonked Out said:

He wasn't very good at all, inaccurate as usual and only 8 td passes all year compared to 11 picks. He simply misses too many throws he should be making on a weekly basis. I have been waiting for a guy who can complete around 65% of his passes, simply wasn't a fan of Keaton.

He likely would have put up better numbers with better O-line play similar to last season.  We were 12th in the league Sacks Against.  Studsrud was running for his life all season................

5 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

He likely would have put up better numbers with better O-line play similar to last season.  We were 12th in the league Sacks Against.  Studsrud was running for his life all season................

you mean when he completed a whopping 56% of his passes or maybe the year before when he completed 60%. He was who he was, had good legs that opened up the running game from time to time but also had 4-5 throws a game that were just wild that he should have hit. I never understood why everyone here was so high on him as he just wasn't all that impressive. HIs career high in touchdown passes in a season was 14, i'm sorry but I expect more from an FCS quarterback.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, shep said:

I bet you don't.

For some.

You sound like a Bama fan.  They might not get in the top 4, move on.  Our situation isn't even comparable.  If anything, UND is more like Auburn in that we have to beat the in state giant to get any respect.  And we most likely will have to do it with more unheralded players.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

You sound like a Bama fan.  They might not get in the top 4, move on.  Our situation isn't even comparable.  If anything, UND is more like Auburn in that we have to beat the in state giant to get any respect.  And we most likely will have to do it with more unheralded players.

No not at all, USC fan.

I was just trying to point out that injuries affected even the top team in the country that's all.

I give up on the topic. Those who have decided Bubba should be gone will never look at the injuries. I get it.

• Upvote 1

Based on conversations here there must be some serious culture issues at NDSU as some kids got in trouble.  Prepare for their downfall soon.

Three Bison players dismissed from team for violation of team rules, another suspended one game

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4365448-three-bison-players-dismissed-team-violation-team-rules-another-suspended-one-game

3 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Based on conversations here there must be some serious culture issues at NDSU as some kids got in trouble.  Prepare for their downfall soon.

Three Bison players dismissed from team for violation of team rules, another suspended one game

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4365448-three-bison-players-dismissed-team-violation-team-rules-another-suspended-one-game

An we MUST assume the problem, whatever it is, goes deeper than these three.

If they lose, it's the culture and the coach's failure to clean it up.

• Upvote 1