Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
fightingsioux4life

Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Unless the conference is paying for them (they aren't), then I think it's irrelevant what other schools do. Comparing what is done with other programs at UND makes more sense. 

For the record, I lean towards the thinking that they should have got rings however, I haven't heard the actual reasons on why they did or didn't outside of some theories presented on this board. If I had to guess, it's budget cuts, but that's just my guess.

Here are you rings guys. They were paid for with the tears of 22 foreign women. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winter coats aren't an issue if you can get a scholarship in Florida..................................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UND-1 said:

Even with a 3-8 record & turmoil on-off the field, we got fans/relatives now coming onto a message board and bitching about players not getting rings for the 2016 season and not getting "team winter coats" to wear.   :silly:

Better not bitch about the team appearing to be soft and not focused at times.  Their fans/relatives are the same way.

 

Perhaps, UND (and apparently many of their "supporters") just doesn't have the current mindset (and perhaps funds) necessary to be overly competitive in men's sports other than hockey. 

There is hope though. Not with next season magically bringing better luck (as the injury theorists say), but rather President Kennedy and the eventual new athletic director. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Winter coats aren't an issue if you can get a scholarship in Florida..................................................

The school is supposed to supply winter coats?  Dont think Ive ever heard that one before.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, UND-1 said:

Anyone who is concerned about their kid/buddy not getting a conference championship ring needs to reevaluate their own priorities and what they are emphasizing to that kid.  Seriously.

^^^^THIS, many times over.   Get real people, not getting a ring isn't that big of a deal.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have thought the way the whole team/staff blew the Richmond game would have given some serious motivation to make 2017 a total redemption season. If I was a player I would have thought this would have stuck in my mind more than not getting a ring. If you want a ring so bad let's go win a natty. 

 

P.S. I do think they should have tried to raise the funds with outside sources if its been customary to give out conference champion rings for FB, they could of did a sponsor a ring or something and probably raised the money, but let's face it, we just cut a lot of sports programs, do you think those student athletes of those programs give a !@#$ the FB team didnt get rings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

I would have thought the way the whole team/staff blew the Richmond game would have given some serious motivation to make 2017 a total redemption season. If I was a player I would have thought this would have stuck in my mind more than not getting a ring. If you want a ring so bad let's go win a natty. 

 

P.S. I do think they should have tried to raise the funds with outside sources if its been customary to give out conference champion rings for FB, they could of did a sponsor a ring or something and probably raised the money, but let's face it, we just cut a lot of sports programs, do you think those student athletes of those programs give a !@#$ the FB team didnt get rings. 

The hockey ladies didn't give a !@#$ about anyone but themselves. They were so far out of touch with reality during that whole situation that it was embarrassing. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The hockey ladies didn't give a !@#$ about anyone but themselves. They were so far out of touch with reality during that whole situation that it was embarrassing. 

What about the other programs that were cut? I think that is what he was talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

What about the other programs that were cut? I think that is what he was talking about.

Again, I think those athletes would have alot better perspective on the situation, given how they handled their programs getting dropped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Again, I think those athletes would have alot better perspective on the situation, given how they handled their programs getting dropped. 

I don’t think getting your program cut while in college would be an easy thing.  You were an athlete I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the other teams want rings for winning the conference then the coaches (Bubba, Jones, Brew, etc) should be asking donors to help fund the rings. The hockey team had the Engelstads buy their National Title rings. I wouldn't be surprised if any of the teams at UND won a National Title, that the Engelstads would pay for their National Title rings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, homer said:

I don’t think getting your program cut while in college would be an easy thing.  You were an athlete I believe. 

Here is where he will insist that if his program had been cut, he wouldn't have been upset about it. :silly:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, UND-1 said:

Anyone who is concerned about their kid/buddy not getting a conference championship ring needs to reevaluate their own priorities and what they are emphasizing to that kid.  Seriously.

Why then were they promised a ring? Was it all a joke? It’s not funny. I hear Basketball and Hockey got something. Rings, I don’t know. What are you emphasizing to your kids? Promises don’t have to be kept. Is that it? Cheap shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Finn flick said:

Why then were they promised a ring? Was it all a joke? It’s not funny. I hear Basketball and Hockey got something. Rings, I don’t know. What are you emphasizing to your kids? Promises don’t have to be kept. Is that it? Cheap shot.

It's okay to screw people over because "Life isn't fair". That's what it sounds like, anyway. SMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Finn flick said:

Why then were they promised a ring? Was it all a joke? It’s not funny. I hear Basketball and Hockey got something. Rings, I don’t know. What are you emphasizing to your kids? Promises don’t have to be kept. Is that it? Cheap shot.

The ball was dropped on the rings, not sure why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Finn flick said:

Why then were they promised a ring? Was it all a joke? It’s not funny. I hear Basketball and Hockey got something. Rings, I don’t know. What are you emphasizing to your kids? Promises don’t have to be kept. Is that it? Cheap shot.

I never heard they were actually promised a ring and then never got one.  If true, that is even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Finn flick said:

Why then were they promised a ring? Was it all a joke? It’s not funny. I hear Basketball and Hockey got something. Rings, I don’t know. What are you emphasizing to your kids? Promises don’t have to be kept. Is that it? Cheap shot.

Why did that detail only come up now?  No one has mentioned that before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see it now:, it would be spun as "wow, look at UND waste money when they could have saved hockey with that money"

*Before I get tarred and feathered, yes this sounds insane... but it would be spun that way.  Even if UND never spent a dime. Just remember that tweet about how UND shouldn't have hired a secondary coach as an example. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, homer said:

I don’t think getting your program cut while in college would be an easy thing.  You were an athlete I believe. 

No, it would be terrible. However, I’m not the type of person who would complain about another team being rewarded for their success even if my sport got cut that same year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Here is where he will insist that if his program had been cut, he wouldn't have been upset about it. :silly:

Upset about the rings no. The program? Absolutely. But I’m coming from the football program which actually has a history of success and fans that actually attend games. Little different than the sports that got cut.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Upset about the rings no. The program? Absolutely. But I’m coming from the football program which actually has a history of success and fans that actually attend games. Little different than the sports that got cut.

Yeah, but how many Olympians can they claim??? 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×