SiouxSports.com Forum

Official UND Football Regime Change Thread

fightingsioux4life

3 hours ago, Great white said:

Answer stated earlier perhaps the tipster giving GFPD was intentionally providing false info as well. No arguing that previous bust had great results but to raid and have zero results begs the question if they are profiling simply based on association. 

That would mean conspiracy, so then you have to ask the question why?  Conspiracy against Mercer and Hunt or conspiracy against UND football?  Does not add up to me.

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

There's talk here of "trust". 

What about the trust of the players who have come to UND looking to follow the system and rules. They know what's going on. If they see things "in violation" (at whatever level) doing nothing ruins their trust. 

I would guess there is a large chunk the team that is relieved that something is being done about this mess.  I hope nobody on the here thinks the majority of guys on the team don't have some idea of what has been going on.  How motivating is that?

17 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

UND was stupid enough to earn a seed and play a tougher team.  If only they had lost another regular season game they too could have played a doormat and bragged about a playoff win.  

Haha.  Those pesky facts always get in the way of a good arguement.  Good lord what a stupid comparison.  We did beat “bye” last year though   

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

UND was stupid enough to earn a seed and play a tougher team.  If only they had lost another regular season game they too could have played a doormat and bragged about a playoff win.  

I figured someone would take the bait.

How many regional rivals did UND beat by multiple scores in 2016, for example, let's say, 45 to 7? I recall UND barely squeaking by USD at the Alerus Center in a game they trailed the majority of the time. 

Also, UND was at home whereas USD was on the road. So, which game was *actually* tougher? So much for homefield advantage.

Folks want to say that 2017 is an anomaly year, but what if 2016 was actually the anomaly? No Montana or EWU ... 

We'll see.

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

That would mean conspiracy, so then you have to ask the question why?  Conspiracy against Mercer and Hunt or conspiracy against UND football?  Does not add up to me.

Not a conspiracy just a tactic to maybe let the real perps divert attention away from them to allow easier operation of their business.

23 minutes ago, homer said:

Haha.  Those pesky facts always get in the way of a good arguement.  Good lord what a stupid comparison.  We did beat “bye” last year though   

Facts? How about 0 wins in the playoffs after 4 seasons. Again, facts. 

Also, I think 1 playoff win in 2 seasons is also a fact. 

You may want to look up the definition of "fact".

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Great white said:

Not a conspiracy just a tactic to maybe let the real perps divert attention away from them to allow easier operation of their business.

The Grand Forks Narcotics Task Force obtained a search warrant for Mercer and Hunt so the 'real' drug dealers  would not be worried about being caught?  

20 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

How many regional rivals did UND beat by multiple scores in 2016, for example, let's say, 45 to 7? I recall UND barely squeaking by USD at the Alerus Center in a game they trailed the majority of the time. 

Do you get bonus points for that? Or is a win still a win?

12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Facts? How about 0 wins in the playoffs after 4 seasons. Again, facts. 

Also, I think 1 playoff win in 2 seasons is also a fact. 

You may want to look up the definition of "fact".

One coach took over for a guy who was fired and one took over for one who retired.   Think there may be a difference in what was inherited?  UND football was pretty !@#!$ when Miss was fired, can we agree on that? 

I don’t really know how to compare the playoff situation with you.  UND choked vs Richmond but the game was still a second round game.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, homer said:

26 minutes ago, homer said:

It’s actually 0-1.  

Make up your mind............................................

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

I guess UND should have played Montana and/or EWU in 2016...................................that would have taken care of the "earn a seed" component.

4 minutes ago, homer said:

The diagram feature on my phone is disabled so you may not understand without the picture.  

No I do understand..........................you tend to talk out of both sides of your mouth though to fit your narrative.

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

No I do..........................you tend to take out of both sides of your mouth though to fit your narrative.

It’s really not hard to understand.  

Comparing USD to UND- USDs first round win for them to the 2nd round.  

UNDs bye for them to the 2nd round. 

The beating bye comment was a joke.  For your information you don’t actually play a game if you get seeded and although some people joke about it there is no team actually called “bye”.  Is it better now that I clarified it?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, homer said:

It’s really not hard to understand.  

Comparing USD to UND- USDs first round win for them to the 2nd round.  

UNDs bye for them to the 2nd round. 

The beating bye comment was a joke.  For your information you don’t actually play a game if you get seeded and although some people joke about it there is no team actually called “bye”.  Is it better now that I clarified it?

Completely get it....trust me. Like I stated previously....................UND plays either Montana or EWU (have yet to beat either one under Bubba) in 2016 and they probably don't earn a seed and a bye. You play who you play based on the schedule you have........regular season and playoffs. UND was fortunate in 2016 not to play either Montana or EWU based on the schedule for that season. That allowed them to earn a seed. They then promptly pissed away a playoff win.........regardless of what round it was. So UND is still without a playoff win under Bubba.......4 years in. Does that clarify it?