SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, UND Fan said:

Along with the three commitments, here are four more offers.  I'm sure more will materialize soon.

RB Josh Navratil, 6'2", 195, Pine Island (Pine Island), MN

OT Colin Lavell, 6'4", 260, Parker (Legend), CO  Has offers from UNC & San Diego

DE Kyler Filewich, 6'8", 240, Winnepeg (Vincent Massey), MB

S Julian Wlodarcyzk, 6'3", 190, 4.7, Aurora (Matea Valley), IL  Has offers from SDSU & SIU  

Wlodarcyzk will attend NDSU.

On 6/25/2018 at 7:32 AM, Mama Sue said:

All comes down to the last 24 hours before signing...... in the preceding two weeks,everything changes and schools ante up for key recruits.

Go Sioux! Keep ‘em coming!

So you are saying all these recruits that we are losing by the bushel basket full will have an Epiphany the day before signing day and flip to us?   It sure would be nice.

1 hour ago, UND-1 said:

You sure love the losses and negative stuff.  We do have three commits in case you didn't notice. 

I'm well aware of our three and I'm certainly glad we got them.   I see nothing negative about anyone reporting an offer of ours to another school.   Lighten up Francis.

2 hours ago, UND-1 said:

You sure love the losses and negative stuff.  We do have three commits in case you didn't notice. 

Should we really be surprised a Sioux Falls kid picks SDSU over UND at this point?  If he picked UND over the Jacks it would have been a fairly big surprise win for us IMO. 

1 hour ago, Hawkster said:

I'm well aware of our three and I'm certainly glad we got them.   I see nothing negative about anyone reporting an offer of ours to another school.   Lighten up Francis.

You seem pretty excited to talk about who we lost out on but not much else.  Hope this years class will be good enough.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:15 PM, gundy1124 said:

Well, we can offer earlier playing time compared to SDSU and NDSU right now.  The SU's are coming off a semi and another natty.  Heads up against these 2 programs is going to be tough this year!!  We need a lot of wins and some innovation on offense. The Jacks send a TE and WR to the NFL, know how to adjust to their talent, that is attractive.  NDSU does every thing well, even though they are a little boring offensively, they get it done.  If I were a receiver type, I would pick the Jacks over UND and NDSU.  I don't know what to tell you.....I am a big UND guy!!

Exactly.  The USD's and Northern Iowa's are also losing out to these two.  Last year really sucked for us, need to have a winning season and get some strong momentum going again.  Looking forward to getting into the MVFC to go up against NDSU, SDSU, USD, Northern Iowa etc. if that is who we are recruiting against, at least our name will be out there more for some of those kids and if they can see us beating some of those schools I think that will help.  Obviously we have work to do to improve so we can beat them.  Let's recall that we beat a Cal Poly team that beat SDSU at home not too long ago.  Jacks had a great year last year though and having Goedert  go so high in draft helps them, but they may drop off a little this year......we'll see...maybe not.  Prior to last year SDSU had like 3 playoff wins in their existence, we can catch and surpass them.  Other than last year their claim to fame was playing NDSU tough.

• Upvote 1

SDSU is going to have to be dealt with. Actually went to a Jacks game while visiting relatives and their athletic complex as a whole is, well, amazing. We Really need the next phases of HPC to get going and get done if we are going to win some of these recruiting battles. They are raising money like crazy. Their indoor practice facility, along with their outdoor playing facility is really tied together nicely. They have the biggest score board I’ve ever seen Because Dak Tronics is based in Brookings. It would be very hard to pass up the shiny object.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

HPC phase II is needed asap. Hopefully we start hearing a lot about the developement and progress of this drive to finish the HPC.

Need $$$; improved internal decisions and agreements could help. It's not all on the donors. 

Hockey will get a multi-million dollar score board and possibly another locker room renovation well before UND football even gets competitive coach offices and meeting rooms and average coach salaries. 

Does NDSU or SDSU football have to compete within their own athletic department? No

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Need $$$; improved internal decisions and agreements could help. It's not all on the donors. 

Hockey will get a multi-million dollar score board and possibly another locker room renovation well before UND football even gets competitive coach offices and meeting rooms and average coach salaries. 

To be fair, the hockey locker room is looking a bit outdated.  

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

To be fair, the hockey locker room is looking a bit outdated.  

You want to compare UND football locker room in Memorial versus the UND hockey locker room in the Ralph?

oh boy ...

Talk about night and day

words can't do the difference justice 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/3581761-video-renovated-und-hockey-team-area-includes-new-locker-room-and-more

"The renovation is estimated at roughly $3 million, funded by private money from the Engelstad Foundation."

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You want to compare UND football locker room in Memorial versus the UND hockey locker room in the Ralph?

oh boy ...

Talk about night and day

haha.  People would be astounded if they went into the FB locker room.  Same one that every player in school history (darn near) have used.  With upgrades of course.  

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

haha.  People would be astounded if the went into the FB locker room.  Same one that every player in school history (darn near) have used.  

I have a friend who played guard for UND in the 1940s who still finds it nice and nostalgic ...

On 6/26/2018 at 9:15 AM, Hawkster said:

So you are saying all these recruits that we are losing by the bushel basket full will have an Epiphany the day before signing day and flip to us?   It sure would be nice.

No, just that schools can change their offers, students may change their decisions, and the best decision may be the last one!!! I think many students are so WOWED by visits they need time to let it all sink in. Such a huge decision. I have posted before that our son had 3 awesome offers. He was signing the next day. I asked him which school. He responded with the one with the most money on the table. I asked him to forget football and go to the school that would give him the best education for what he wanted to do for the rest of his life. His response was,”Well then it is UND, mom.” No regrets from anyone!

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Some forget that an education sometimes is part of the decision.

That is why every recruit who mentions furthering his education at UND gets a thumbs up from me. Maybe it is lip service but at least education is mentioned.

11 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

oh boy ...

Talk about night and day

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/3581761-video-renovated-und-hockey-team-area-includes-new-locker-room-and-more

"The renovation is estimated at roughly $3 million, funded by private money from the Engelstad Foundation."

Someone mentioned on here that the new Med School cost more than The Ralph but maybe not when you consider the value of $ over time since 2001 when it opened.

Well it's pretty close, The Ralph with The Betty and the many added improvements have just as many $ put in as the Med School, without adjusting for the value of money over time.

• UNDBIZ featured and unfeatured this topic