SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

15 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

First commit on June 21st and it's an OL!  Love it.

Did he even have an offer prior to camp?   I don't see his name on the wiki.   Also, don't tell him about the curse of the first commit.

On 6/19/2018 at 1:30 PM, geaux_sioux said:

I still think that 7-4 team was our best of the D1 era. Unreal LB corpse and the rest of the team was rolling at the end of the year. 

Agree.  I think the offense was putting up over 40 points a game over the last several games of the season.

12 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Yes.

One other thing that came through the grapevine from those in the know is you might want to tell Bubba ----that when he offers a kid at camp dont threaten to pull the offer if he goes to the camp at NDSU.

I have two coworkers with son/nephew being recruitied by the region schools.  One will be a scholarship kid, one is a walk on.  Both were at camp today.  When talking about recruiting both sets of family have told me UND encouraged them to go to other camps to see other schools and compete vs other kids.  

So while I won’t argue with what you are saying, I find it very hard to believe based on multiple conversations I have had.  

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, homer said:

I have two coworkers with son/nephew being recruitied by the region schools.  One will be a scholarship kid, one is a walk on.  Both were at camp today.  When talking about recruiting both sets of family have told me UND encouraged them to go to other camps to see other schools and compete vs other kids.  

So while I won’t argue with what you are saying, I find it very hard to believe based on multiple conversations I have had.  

Exactly.  The only direction I have heard is UND tells these kids pick a reasonable amount of camps, but don't burn yourself out at every single one.

When teams get near full, all teams, they have to at some point tell recruits to sh_t or get off the pot, I don't doubt that all teams occasionally have that talk near the end of the class or closer to signing date(s).

• Upvote 3

Along with the three commitments, here are four more offers.  I'm sure more will materialize soon.

RB Josh Navratil, 6'2", 195, Pine Island (Pine Island), MN

OT Colin Lavell, 6'4", 260, Parker (Legend), CO  Has offers from UNC & San Diego

DE Kyler Filewich, 6'8", 240, Winnepeg (Vincent Massey), MB

S Julian Wlodarcyzk, 6'3", 190, 4.7, Aurora (Matea Valley), IL  Has offers from SDSU & SIU  

22 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Exactly.  The only direction I have heard is UND tells these kids pick a reasonable amount of camps, but don't burn yourself out at every single one.

When teams get near full, all teams, they have to at some point tell recruits to sh_t or get off the pot, I don't doubt that all teams occasionally have that talk near the end of the class or closer to signing date(s).

That’s pretty much what I seen and heard when I use to hang around the Sioux camps

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:18 PM, UND Fan said:

We offered Parkers Prairie's Travis Younke (TE, 6'5", 230) today.  He has an offer from UNI but will get a bunch more.  Talented kid! 

As expected, Younke will play for the Bison!

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, UND Fan said:

Bubba and staff have been busy - going head-to-head with other MVC teams on a lot of these kids.  New offers:

WR/P Matthew Wedig, 6'4", 210, 4.8, Beloit (Memorial), WI  

Luke Reimer, 6'2", 210, Lincoln (Nroth Star), NE   Has offers from USD & SDSU

LB Tom Brunner, 6'4", 215, Milwaukee (Whitefish Bay), WI

DE Caden Johnson, 6'3", 240, Wahoo (Bishop Newmann), NE  Has offers from UNI, USD & SDSU

DE Christopher Reames, 6'7", 215, Van Meter (Van Meter), IA  Has offers from NDSU, SDSU, USD, UNI & SF Austin

WR Larry Williams, 6'1", 195, St. Louis (Cristian Bothers), MO  Has offer from Ball St

PK Matthew Jaeger, 6'1", 180, Plymouth (Robbinsdale), MN  Has offer from Drake

DT Coty Lemon, 6'3", 285, Dallas Center (Dallas Center), IA

DE Nick Dejong, 6'6", 250, Pella (Pella), IA  Has offers from USD & UNI 

Reimer will attend SDSU.

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

As expected, Younke will play for the Bison!

44 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Reimer will attend SDSU.

It's frustrating to lose good recruits to our rivals.   I don't think everyone figured Yohnke to be a lock for the Bison, he did have an FBS offer from Eastern Michigan.   Come on Bubba.

And yes I did change my screen name.    Trex

5 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

It's frustrating to lose good recruits to our rivals.   I don't think everyone figured Yohnke to be a lock for the Bison, he did have an FBS offer from Eastern Michigan.   Come on Bubba.

And yes I did change my screen name.    Trex

Eastern Michigan..lol.  We will always struggle to get immediate players when they got that going on.  Just be real with yourself.

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Eastern Michigan..lol.  We will always struggle to get immediate players when they got that going on.  Just be real with yourself.

All those 'Eastern Michigan' type teams are a total joke.  Have fun playing in the Toilet Bowl some day.  Smart move to go to SU.

54 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

All those 'Eastern Michigan' type teams are a total joke.  Have fun playing in the Toilet Bowl some day.  Smart move to go to SU.

Who's side are you on here!    The thing is Bubba absolutely needs to be winning these recruiting battles against the XDSU's.     Beating St. Cloud for players isn't going to cut it.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

Who's side are you on here!    The thing is Bubba absolutely needs to be winning these recruiting battles against the XDSU's.     Beating St. Cloud for players isn't going to cut it.

Well, we can offer earlier playing time compared to SDSU and NDSU right now.  The SU's are coming off a semi and another natty.  Heads up against these 2 programs is going to be tough this year!!  We need a lot of wins and some innovation on offense. The Jacks send a TE and WR to the NFL, know how to adjust to their talent, that is attractive.  NDSU does every thing well, even though they are a little boring offensively, they get it done.  If I were a receiver type, I would pick the Jacks over UND and NDSU.  I don't know what to tell you.....I am a big UND guy!!

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Well, we can offer earlier playing time compared to SDSU and NDSU right now.  The SU's are coming off a semi and another natty.  Heads up against these 2 programs is going to be tough this year!!  We need a lot of wins and some innovation on offense. The Jacks send a TE and WR to the NFL, know how to adjust to their talent, that is attractive.  NDSU does every thing well, even though they are a little boring offensively, they get it done.  If I were a receiver type, I would pick the Jacks over UND and NDSU.  I don't know what to tell you.....I am a big UND guy!!

Stop being realistic

• UNDBIZ featured and unfeatured this topic